Hosting Marvin Sketch

User 341f5fbe10

07-05-2015 09:26:19

I have no problems running the standard Marvin sketch examples using local disks.  However, when I upload the minimalist HTML below with jmarvin.jar in the same folder (with execute permission) IE10 displays the 'applet is loading .. please wait' message but never responds.  Many years ago, we did something similar as part of a distributed computing project with Oxford University but needless to say the apache web server we used then is no longer available and I don't know what configuration options we changed (if any).  It works fine from a local directory but I get exactly the same symptoms if jmarvin.jar is missing ...

<html>
<head>
</head>
<body>
<p>test 4</p>
<center>
<script type="text/javascript" SRC="./marvin.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
<!--
msketch_begin(".", 540, 480);
msketch_end();
//-->
</script>
</center>
</body>
</html>

ChemAxon 5433b8e56b

07-05-2015 12:24:13

Hi,

I am not sure I am understand it correctly, but you do not need only the jmarvin jar, but all the contents of our applet package on the server.

Can you please check the Java console whether you see any errors, or excepetions on it?

You can turn on Java console on the Advanced panel of the Java Control Panel.

Regards,
Istvan 

User 341f5fbe10

07-05-2015 16:58:51

For some reason, I thought Marvin was a lightweight application which could be used without all the linked calculation applets.  Obviously my information was out of date. :(