Keynote problems

User 870ab5b546

24-04-2015 00:05:28

I used MarvinSketch 15.4.7 to build a PowerPoint presentation. See a screen capture of one of the slides. When I open the same file in Keynote, the MarvinSketch images are destroyed. See the second screen capture. ???

ChemAxon f052bdfe3c

27-04-2015 10:33:27

Hi Bob,

As far as I can see on Apple`s Document Compatibility page (https://www.apple.com/mac/keynote/compatibility/), keynote does not support OLE objects. Could you just save the structure in png (or other picture) format and place into power point that way, please? It should work that way.

Best regards

Efi,

User 870ab5b546

27-04-2015 13:43:45

First, I didn't think that OLE had anything to do with it. I'm using a Mac, and I don't think OLE is supported on Macs, is it? Second, if I save a Marvin structure in PNG, can I reopen the PNG as a structure in MarvinSketch? 

ChemAxon 5433b8e56b

27-04-2015 15:36:45

Hi Bob,

Yes you are right, OLE is not supported on Mac, and yes if you save the png file, and does not untick the Save source checkbox, then the molecule is saved to the PNG file in MRV format, and Marvin can read that information directly from the PNG at import.

I assume the problem is we have some issue with the PDF export in the recent version and we were not able to fix it yet, this is why the copy paste results in a messy structure. We are working on that problem in the recent few days, but currently we are not sure when we can fix it.

Regards,
Istvan 

User 870ab5b546

27-05-2015 00:19:54

I was able to get back to PowerPoint, so the above problem became moot. But I recently encountered a new version of it. I made a PowerPoint 2011 for Mac, version 14.5, presentation (.pptx), with structures copied from (desktop) MarvinSketch 15.4.7 into the PowerPoint document. It displays perfectly on a Mac. But when I load the pptx from a thumb drive onto a PC, and display it in PowerPoint there, the bonds of the structures become extremely distorted (erased or turned into wedges inappropriately), like in the picture I supplied above. I don't understand why the Marvin structures do not render properly in PowerPoint for PC. Presumably these structures are in PDF or PNG format, and they should be rendered equally well in both PC and Mac, no?

ChemAxon f052bdfe3c

17-06-2015 12:45:16

Hi Bob,

I am sorry for the late reply. You are right, these structures should be rendered equally well in both PC and Mac. Unfortunately we did not find a reason so far what causes this behaviour. I have created a task in our issue tracking system and we will keep you updated.

Best regards,

Efi