Marvin Sketch Installation Problem

User 55c4470432

09-03-2015 11:38:07

Hello

i just installed marvin beans from installer + jre(exe) but marvin sketch doesn't start and it gives an error 

"No enum const class chemaxon.marvin.paint.constants.RenderingStyle.WİREFRAME" 

In addition to this error browser version has the same error and does not work at all.

marvin space and structure checker works fine. my operating system is win 8.1 64 bit.

ChemAxon 5433b8e56b

09-03-2015 15:36:03

Hi,

Sorry about this issue I think an old bug of Java is causing it.

Recently we introduced an enumeration and handle the incoming parameters with a method that has some issues with the dotted i and dotless i character in the Turkish character set, it seems to be the problem.

Here you can find the bug in the Java bug database: http://bugs.java.com/view_bug.do?bug_id=6208680

Unfortunatelly only we can fix this in an upcoming release, in the mean time I can only suggest to use an older version of MarvinSketch. Versions prior 15.2.9 should work fine. Or you can switch your Operating System locale settings to English where this problem does not happen.

We will fix this issue in the near future, and notify you if you can switch back to the newest version safely.

Sorry for the inconvenience, and best regards,
Istvan 

ChemAxon f052bdfe3c

27-03-2015 10:25:47

I am happy to inform you that the fix will be released in Marvin version 15.3.30.

Best regards,

Efi 

User 1c9e305095

10-11-2015 20:45:45

ifajth wrote:

Hi,

Sorry about this issue I think an old bug of Java is causing it.

Recently we introduced an enumeration and handle the incoming parameters with a method that has some issues with the dotted i and dotless i character in the Turkish character set, it seems to be the problem.

Here you can find the bug in the Java bug database: http://bugs.java.com/view_bug.do?bug_id=6208680

Unfortunatelly only we can fix this in an upcoming release, in the mean time I can only suggest to use an older version of MarvinSketch. Versions prior 15.2.9 should work fine. Or you can switch your Operating System locale settings to English where this problem does not happen.

We will fix this issue in the near future, and notify you if you can switch back to the newest version safely.

Sorry for the inconvenience, and best regards,
Istvan 

Hello,

I use windows 10 and marvin version 15.11.2 in Turkey. When I want to use your programmes,  I'am getting this message " No enum const class chemaxon.marvin.paint.constants.RenderingStyle.WİREFRAME". 

I tried this methot but errors haven't solved yet.

May you help and support me, please.

ChemAxon 5433b8e56b

12-11-2015 13:24:23

Hi,

exactly what you mean by using our programs? Are you trying to use the MarvinBeans library to develop your own software, or you want to use MarvinSketch as a desktop application to draw something, when you get this error message?

Regards,
Istvan 

User cca4f322b5

05-07-2016 14:34:04

ehoffmann wrote:

I am happy to inform you that the fix will be released in Marvin version 15.3.30.

Best regards,

Efi 

I am having same error while opening the MarvinSketch-16.6.27.0. "No enum const class chemaxon.marvin.paint.constants.RenderingStyle.WİREFRAME"

Marvin space works. I use Mac OSX 10.9.5.

What shall I do?

Thank you in advance.

ChemAxon cbb451ac1e

06-07-2016 11:52:07

Hello,

Thank you for notifying us about the issue. We'll fix it in the near future and let you know. 

Best regards,

ChemAxon cfb2ce1d3d

13-07-2016 14:39:56

Hello,

I tried to reproduce this to no avail. The same version of MarvinSketch is running fine here with no error message.

A few things to check:

- what exact file have you downloaded

- how does the error message appear: please take a screenshot if it is an application window or send the log text if it is in terminal window, and post it

- please try the latest available

Thanks

Zsolt

tolgahankocadagli wrote:

I am having same error while opening the MarvinSketch-16.6.27.0. "No enum const class chemaxon.marvin.paint.constants.RenderingStyle.WİREFRAME"

Marvin space works. I use Mac OSX 10.9.5.

What shall I do?

Thank you in advance.

User 55aaaa012b

24-10-2016 19:57:55

Hello

I am reveiving the same error only on Instant JChem Windows desktop version. I run it on my Windows 7 64bit version.

The installation went perfectly, but when I start it I receive this error and can't work with the program.

I am attaching a message log.

User 55aaaa012b

25-10-2016 18:35:37

vinkas wrote:

Hello

I am reveiving the same error only on Instant JChem Windows desktop version. I run it on my Windows 7 64bit version.

The installation went perfectly, but when I start it I receive this error and can't work with the program.

I am attaching a message log.

Is anyone here can help me?

ChemAxon cfb2ce1d3d

26-10-2016 06:30:18

vinkas wrote:

Hello vinkas,

Sorry for the late answer. We spotted the origin of this issue and will soon fix it. I just can't exactly tell you when.

In the meantime, if you happened to be on turkish locale, change to something else until the issue is fixed.

Kind regards

Zsolt

User 55aaaa012b

06-11-2016 18:23:52

zkuti wrote:

vinkas wrote:

Hello vinkas,

Sorry for the late answer. We spotted the origin of this issue and will soon fix it. I just can't exactly tell you when.

In the meantime, if you happened to be on turkish locale, change to something else until the issue is fixed.

Kind regards

Zsolt

Hello

My Locale is Lithuania.

ChemAxon 775b29fd6e

07-11-2016 13:32:30

Hi,

I've tried to reproduce this issue with Lithuanian locale as well but It seems to work fine. I've tried a workaround which is working for me.

You should append your default_options in your configuration (c:\Program FIles\ChemAxon\InstantJChem\etc\instantjchem.conf) file with the following parameters. 

-J-Duser.country=GB -J-Duser.language=en

So you should get something like this:

default_options="--branding instantjchem -J-Xms48m -J-XX:MaxPermSize=196m -J-Dderby.system.home=derby -J-Dnetbeans.logger.console=true -J-ea -J-Dorg.netbeans.ProxyClassLoader.level=1000 -J-DuseGtk=false -J-Dorg.netbeans.core.TimeableEventQueue.report=86400000 -J-Duser.country=GB -J-Duser.language=en"

Hope this helps.

Zoltan.

User 55aaaa012b

07-11-2016 18:18:23

zpolgar wrote:

Hi,

I've tried to reproduce this issue with Lithuanian locale as well but It seems to work fine. I've tried a workaround which is working for me.

You should append your default_options in your configuration (c:\Program FIles\ChemAxon\InstantJChem\etc\instantjchem.conf) file with the following parameters. 

So you should get something like this:

default_options="--branding instantjchem -J-Xms48m -J-XX:MaxPermSize=196m -J-Dderby.system.home=derby -J-Dnetbeans.logger.console=true -J-ea -J-Dorg.netbeans.ProxyClassLoader.level=1000 -J-DuseGtk=false -J-Dorg.netbeans.core.TimeableEventQueue.report=86400000 -J-Duser.country=GB -J-Duser.language=en"

Hope this helps.

Zoltan.

Well this region change helped and I do not get any errors.

User c3f6a0e606

03-02-2017 11:55:05

Hello,

I have just intalled Marvin Suit (x64, version 17.1.30.0), but MarvinSketch does not start and give same error.

(No enum constant chemaxon.marvin.paint.constants. RenderingStyle.WİREFRAME)

So, MarvinSketch and MarvinView are both useless at now. Changing the location does not work too.

Can anyone assist to me please

ChemAxon 775b29fd6e

03-02-2017 13:33:10

Hi Namik,

my previous message is related to InstantJChem. May I ask where did you put these parameters ?

Regards, Zoltan

User c3f6a0e606

03-02-2017 14:15:58

zpolgar wrote:

Hi Namik,

my previous message is related to InstantJChem. May I ask where did you put these parameters ?

Regards, Zoltan

Hi Zoltan,

In fact, I did not. I meant changes in computer settings do not work. About the parameters, would you please make it clear as much as you can?

Best wishes

ChemAxon 775b29fd6e

03-02-2017 14:28:44

Hi, sure.

In the first round you should find msketch.vmoptions and mview.vmoptions files. If your installation directory is

C:\Program Files\ChemAxon\MarvinSuite

then 

C:\Program Files\ChemAxon\MarvinSuite\bin

folder will contain these files.

The next step is adding this line for msketch.vmoptions and mview.vmoptions as well.

If it's not working try out without -J 

-Duser.country=GB -Duser.language=en

Hope this helps.

User c3f6a0e606

03-02-2017 18:58:27

zpolgar wrote:

Hi, sure.

In the first round you should find msketch.vmoptions and mview.vmoptions files. If your installation directory is

C:\Program Files\ChemAxon\MarvinSuite

then 

C:\Program Files\ChemAxon\MarvinSuite\bin

folder will contain these files.

The next step is adding this line for msketch.vmoptions and mview.vmoptions as well.

If it's not working try out without -J 

-Duser.country=GB -Duser.language=en

Hope this helps.

Hi Zoltan,

Thank you for your interest.

I followed your guide step by step. However, it does not work.

Regards

ChemAxon 775b29fd6e

05-02-2017 17:59:57

Hi Namik, 

Sorry about that, tomorrow I'll take care of it, the problem needs further investigation.

Regars, Zoltan.

ChemAxon 775b29fd6e

07-02-2017 14:45:12

Hi Namik,

If I'm not mistaken this should work.

- download the MarvinSketch.vmoptions file from the attachments.
- move it into your installation folder next to MarvinSketch.exe (e.g C:\Program Files\ChemAxon\MarvinSuite)
- copy it and change the name of the fresh copy to MarvinView.vmoptions

Regards, Zoltan.

User c3f6a0e606

07-02-2017 15:16:12

zpolgar wrote:

Hi Namik,

If I'm not mistaken this should work.

- download the MarvinSketch.vmoptions file from the attachments.
- move it into your installation folder next to MarvinSketch.exe (e.g C:\Program Files\ChemAxon\MarvinSuite)
- copy it and change the name of the fresh copy to MarvinView.vmoptions

Regards, Zoltan.

Hi Zoltan,

Thank you so much. It works without problems.

With my best wishes