How to remove "and1"?

User 677b9c22ff

23-02-2015 19:27:14

HI,

how can I turn off  "and1" in MarvinSketch 6?

I turned of all view option, still the "and1" exists, coming from an MOL3000 file.

I don't want to clean it, just not view/see it.

Thanks

Tobias

ChemAxon d26931946c

24-02-2015 09:53:24

Hi Tobias,

it is not possible to turn off the display of enhanced stereo features.

Why would you like them to disappear?

Peter

User 677b9c22ff

24-02-2015 18:30:58

Hi,

because I want to look at the structures without being disturbed by irrelevant information,

I also want the "and1" info going away if I paste compounds into presentations and papers.

I think similar to the "view ->advanced ->valence" feature that was not implemented years back the user

should "dictate" what the software does and not the other way around. 

I manually removed the following section from the Marvin Sketch file (hidden V3000 mol).

M  V30 BEGIN COLLECTION
M V30 MDLV30/STERAC1 ATOMS=(3 8 18 28)
M V30 END COLLECTION

I think its a bug, because once you start editing such a molecule the information is not

updated anymore, if I increase the number of chiral centers it will be still "and1"

According to the documentation it should be and(n). Or maybe at least it should stick "and1" to 

all the newly created chiral centers? 

AND 
Stereogenic centers belonging to an ANDn group 

Cheers

Tobias

ChemAxon f052bdfe3c

03-03-2015 09:43:35

Hi Tobias,

We are asking you about the workflow and use cases to understand your problem better. That way there is a chance to find a solution which is probably better than you or we can imagine separately.

In the current case, I can see now why visibility option for enhanced stereo is needed. May I ask how urgent is this feature for you?

I am afraid, I cannot understand your example about the "and(s)". Could you detail a bit? 

Thanks in advance,

Efi