Atom Labels for large(20+pt) fonts overlap bonds.

User e7f4003549

11-02-2015 15:23:23

Hello,

I am currently preparing some molecular sketches for presentations/posters. We prefer thicker lines and bigger fonts for our presentations. When I increase my font size past a certain point the label behinds overlapping adjacent bonds. If you check my attached .mrv it is particularly unsightly on the doubly bond Oxygen.

However, hovering the mouse cursor over the double bond clearly shows that it would not actually overlap with the text, just the reserved space of the atom label is cutting away at the bond. Is there any way to put the bond IN FRONT of the label?

Thanks in advance.

Best,
Malte

ChemAxon 4fa3cf533c

12-02-2015 13:33:13

Hi Malte,

Sadly, there is no option to disable clipping around the atom label, and to place the bond in front of the label. 

We are continuously improving on that, however there are font sizes for which it crops a little too much from the bond.

There could be an other solution that does not increase the font size, but decrease the bond thickness, spacing, and bond length, from the preferences dialog, and from the format dialog. By decreasing all of them to the half of the current value, it will look like the same, but the bond clipping could be the desired kind.

I hope I could help, and we will see what can we do about this overlapping issue.

Best regards,

Tamas Fazekas-Vigh 

User e7f4003549

12-02-2015 13:43:23

Hello Tamas,

the workaround you described does produce the desired result.

Thank you for the reply.