implicit hydrogens on nitrogen

User c870efe32c

05-01-2015 15:56:42

Hi,

when drawing a nitrosonium ion, even though the nitrogen is positively charged gets back two hydrogens when redrawing/editing (and exporting the file). So this is what I see:

This is what is exported:

And deleting something in Marvin results in:

which then cannot be "used" (edited) any more since the electron arrows point to a "wrong" atom with full valence.

Bug or can I help myself with changing some setting?

Thanks,

Bernhard

ChemAxon f052bdfe3c

06-01-2015 17:29:41

Hi Bernhard,

Thank you for reporting this problem. We are investigate it. Could you send me the original mrv file please? If it confidential please send it directly to my email ([email protected]). Have you added the lone pairs manually?

Thank you,

Efi

User c870efe32c

06-01-2015 17:49:29

Hi,

Find attached the mrv file. And the lone pairs came from the Marvin setting (notmanually edited or added).

Bernhard

User 870ab5b546

06-01-2015 20:58:43

Your problem isn't the export/import process. Any N atom with two bonds and a +1 charge should have two implicit H atoms. However, if, when you draw the nitrosonium ion, you give N the +1 charge by mousing over the N and typing +, MarvinSketch gives the N atom 0 implicit H atoms. This is a known bug; see this discussion. If instead, you add the + charge using a toolbar button, you'll see that MarvinSketch correctly adds the two implicit H atoms. When you exported and imported the MRV, MarvinSketch added the correct number of implicit H atoms to the imported drawing.

If you want to draw nitrosonium, you need to add a divalent radical flag to the N(+1) atom. Right-click on the N and choose Radical -> Divalent singlet. Then your export and import work fine.

I don't know what you mean by not being able to edit the drawing after you imported it. What electron-flow arrows point to should make no difference to whether you can edit the drawing. Can you explain exactly what you tried to do, but could not?