Position variation bond

User ec77fb5b57

30-12-2014 07:25:12

Hi:

I tried to draw a position variation bond (see attachment) using Structure/Add/Position Variation Bond but to my surprise said command is greyed out as well as many others (such as Multi-Center, for instance). Am I missing something or are these features disabled somewhere. If yes, how to enable them.

Many thanks,

Bojan

ChemAxon f052bdfe3c

30-12-2014 09:47:25

Hi,

Please select the part of the structure to which you want to add a position variation bond or multicenter. Then the menu options should become active. Could you let me know the Marvin version If they are still not active?

Thanks,

Efi

User ec77fb5b57

30-12-2014 09:59:19

ehoffmann wrote:

Hi,

Please select the part of the structure to which you want to add a position variation bond or multicenter. Then the menu options should become active. Could you let me know the Marvin version If they are still not active?

Thanks,

Efi

It works. Many thanks for a quick respond.

Regards,

Bojan

User ec77fb5b57

30-12-2014 10:14:03

ehoffmann wrote:

Hi,

Thanks,

Efi

In addition, how to get rid of the grey shadows.

Regards,

Bojan

ChemAxon f052bdfe3c

30-12-2014 11:41:10

Hi Bojan,

Unfortunately, there is no way to get rid of the shadows.

If you do not want to use the structure for search, that you draw a bond with a non visible carbon atom on one terminal. Please see the example in the attached MRV. (This solution is quite similar to the one which you sent.) 

I hope it helps.

Best regards,

Efi