Subscript

User ec77fb5b57

09-10-2014 15:53:09

Hi:

In MarvinSketch I would like to make the following: (CH2)n

However, in spite of all my efforts I was not able to produce the result. All I got was (CH2)n ; note the "n" not subscripted.  What I was doing is as follows:

- Periodic table

-Advanced

-Alias

- (CH2)\sn

The result as stated above.

Please help.

Regards,

Bojan

ChemAxon 5693b0ec15

10-10-2014 07:57:09

Hi,

I hope  this

(CH\s2\)\sn

will work.

(\s is for subsricpt and \ for escaping), the syntax is the same applied for abbreviated groups
For more details please see https://docs.chemaxon.com/display/marvinsketch/Abbreviated+%28superatom%29+groups

Best regards,

Nikolett Mihala

User ec77fb5b57

10-10-2014 08:22:35

nmihala wrote:

Hi,

I hope  this

(CH\s2\)\sn

will work.

(\s is for subsricpt and \ for escaping), the syntax is the same applied for abbreviated groups
For more details please see https://docs.chemaxon.com/display/marvinsketch/Abbreviated+%28superatom%29+groups

Best regards,

Nikolett Mihala

Thank you Nikolett. Unfortunately the your proposal does not produce required result. If enetring (CH\s2\)\sn in Alias, both the "n" and the parentheses ")" are subscripted. Interesting enough is that if using escape sequence for superscript (\S) everything works fine e.g. (CH2)\Sn returned correct result with "2" subscripted and "n" superscripted.

ChemAxon 5693b0ec15

10-10-2014 09:04:07

Dear Bojan,

I am very sorry for the previous.

Of course the  reset (set back to normalI is : \n

so

(CH\s2\n)\sn

is the right format.

Best regards,

Nikolett Mihala

User ec77fb5b57

10-10-2014 09:13:37

nmihala wrote:

Dear Bojan,

so

(CH\s2\n)\sn

is the right format.

Best regards,

Nikolett Mihala

Dear Nikolett,

Thank you. That solved the problem.

User ec77fb5b57

26-05-2016 10:02:21

inventio wrote:

nmihala wrote:

Dear Bojan,

so

(CH\s2\n)\sn

is the right format.

Best regards,

Nikolett Mihala

Dear Nikolett,

Thank you. That solved the problem.

Hi Nikolett:

Unfortunately, I must report that your proposed solution did not solve the problem. What I want to obtain in the formula (CH2)n is that both the numeral "2" an the letter "n" are placed sub-scripted. If you check the attached sample you may noticed that the numeral "2" is sub-scripted, however, the letter "n" is only smaller but placed in line with "CH" instead of with "2".

While I was writing you this very message i came across a weird behavior of Marvin Sketch. Namely, if in the formula (CH2)x, where as alias entered in the form (CH\s2\n)\sx, the "x" represents a numeral, such as 2, 3 etc. the formula is shown correctly with both numerals sub-scripted. If however, the "x" represents a letter it is shown only smaller but not sub-scripted. See different behavior in the attached sample.

I hope this will be corrected in the future release.

Kind regards,

Bojan

ChemAxon 5693b0ec15

26-05-2016 11:50:36

Dear Bojan,

thank you very much for the report.

A ticket has been created and we will get back to you when this is fixed, but unfortunately we can not promise a quick fix.

Last year we introduced the Label Editor tool, which makes the atom label formatting much more easier. For more information please consult our documentation or watch this video tutorial.

Thank you for your kind understanding!

Best regards,

Nikolett Mihala

User ec77fb5b57

30-05-2016 07:23:00

nmihala wrote:

Dear Bojan,

thank you very much for the report.

A ticket has been created and we will get back to you when this is fixed, but unfortunately we can not promise a quick fix.

Last year we introduced the Label Editor tool, which makes the atom label formatting much more easier. For more information please consult our documentation or watch this video tutorial.

Thank you for your kind understanding!

Best regards,

Nikolett Mihala

Dear Nikollet,

Thank you for your prompt reply. However, I have discovered that Marvin Sketch behaves the same way regardless of the tool used. If letters and numerals are used mixed in sub-scripted text the problem occur as I have described in my previous post.

Best regards,

Bojan