Keynote 6.2 Mac OS X 10.9.4

User ac83d6f431

27-06-2014 11:41:43

Hi Keynote '09 (5.3) allows to copy a structure from MarvinSketch 6.3.1, paste it in and then copying it again from Keynote, Paste in MarvinSketch and reedit said structure in MarvinSketch. Keynote 6.2 lost this ability. once the structures are pasted in, they can't be edited after being copied from Keynote and pasted in MarvinSketch. It seems that the Keynote 6.2 lost the ability to retain the original version on the graphics pasted in. This is a huge step backwards! Is there a workaround?

ChemAxon 5433b8e56b

27-06-2014 15:04:24

Hi,

good question.

What I can tell, is that Marvin does not changed its behaviour which is the following.

When a structure is copied on Mac, it creates a Mac clipboard standard pdf datastream, with the structure source inside in the pdf as metadata. When it is pasted into an other app, and copied, again, the other app has the responsibility to keep this metadata information inside the copied content.

If the content of the clipboard contains this metadata, then Marvin is able to read the structure from it. And we use the same metadata container as far as I can tell as Chemdraw.

There was a similar issue with Office for Mac 2008, where the guys at Microsoft lost this metadata when copying the image back to the clipboard. They had it in Office for Mac 2003, and fixed later in Office for Mac 2011.

I can suggest to ask the Keynote support, since this part of the data transferring between the applications dependant on them.

Besides these I can not really say more unfortunatelly, we do not have contact with the Keynote developers, to ask them to fix this, as we are also not able to pressure them to do so.

Best regards,
IstvanĀ