copying structures from Marvin Markush display

User b701b293b4

29-05-2014 23:29:26

I generated a Markush structure from an R-group table.

However, the display in Marvin is very widely spaced which leads to a need for 20 pages to print. I would like to be able to cut each of these structures to paste into a new Marvin window, but they somehow bring along their position information, so now each structure is still way off the page. Is there a way to copy the structure without all the position information?

I also tried to copy the R-groups from the R-group table, hopefully as SMILES or SMARTS, but instead aI got a great long string that seem to be instructions to Marvin.

Sometime in the past I got R-groups as SMILES. Is there some command-line program that would generate these?

ChemAxon af8e24758b

03-06-2014 14:53:38

Dear Yvonne,

In order to print your Markush structure the way you want, I suggest you the following:

In Marvin Sketch
1. go to File > Multipage settings and a dialog will pop up
2. tick the second option: Multipage document
3. Select the number of pages you would like to have  (still on the same dialog; Documentum Grid -> Height refers to the number of pages below each other, width refers to the number of pages next to each other).
4. Select "A4" as Page Size (Document Size -> Page Size, select A4 from the drop-down list)
5. Click "OK"

Page-like frame(s) will appear on the canvas. These frames are not editable or resizable, however, the structures on the canvas can be resized and reorganized in order to fit into those frames and the printer will print the document accordingly. 

Hope this helps,

Anna