Extraneous plus sign

User 1b201a8cf5

23-05-2014 15:24:46

I'm attempting to draw several reactions on the same canvas.  However, as I draw out the structures, several plus (+) signs are appearing all over, seemingly randomly between various structures.  I've discovered that I can remove any one of these plus signs by selecting the two structures it appears between and selecting Structure->Reaction->Merge Products.  However, this only removes that one particular plus sign, and invariably causes multiple plus signs to appear all over my canvas.  (Think cutting off the heads of Medusa and you've got the idea.)

Is there a way in which I can disable these signs from appearing on my canvas all together?

Thanks,

Fraser 

ChemAxon 5433b8e56b

26-05-2014 10:51:18

Hi,

You can use the graphical arrows instead of the reaction arrow, and place plus sings into the canvas in text box components where you need.

Marvin can represent a single reaction step only with the use of the reaction arrows, and that is mainly used for query purposes. To represent multiple reactions and/or reaction steps, we advice the use of the purely graphical components. (The reaction arrow drawing tool is a black arrow on the toolbar, the graphical arrow can be found under the graphical objects, and it is colored blue on the toolbar button)

I hope this helps for you.

Regards,
Istvan