Applying Subscripts in Abbreviated Names

User e3fed97729

05-04-2014 16:29:49

Hello,

I'm trying to make a RF- group in my user defined abbreviated groups. I'm having trouble understanding the format needed to have subscripts in my abbreviated name. I know that I need to use \s for subscripts but not sure how to apply this. Could someone help me coming up with the format for this type of abbreviated group?

Best I have come up with is (R\sF 1) but this does not work in MarvinSketch.

Thanks,

Chris

(Marvin 6.2, OSX 10.9.2)

ChemAxon 4fa3cf533c

10-04-2014 15:30:18

Hello,

First, sorry for the late answer.

Currently there is no easy way to do it. In your user.abbrevgroup file you have to define it like you said, so it will look like this:

R\sF\n- <the definition of the group>  <attachment number>  <leftname=[name] or rightname=[name]>

This will achieve something you desire, but in sketch, you'll have to write it down the same way you defined it. So you have to type every char, unless it won't work. 

The other way, is defining it on sketch, then pull it to your template toolbar, so you can use it later. At defining groups there is a Help tool tip where you can find information about subscripts and superscripts. 

The first solution should not work like this, so it's a bug, and I've put a ticket into our bug tracking system. Thank you for pointing this out.

Regards,

Tamas Fazekas-Vigh