Storing default vizualization settings in MarvinSketch

User 8a7878ec6d

31-03-2014 07:37:35

Hi,

For some reason MarvinSketch opens with a black background en renders structures with balls and sticks, and I need to change the display settings to white background and wireframe manually every time. How can I save these settings?

Evert

ChemAxon 5433b8e56b

31-03-2014 10:51:08

Hi Evert,

this is a know issue, which we are about to fix in the future, it is in our issue tracker, but not our highest priority yet unfortunatelly. In some cases, the 3D default settings can overwrite the settings of every rendering mode, and this leads to your issue.

You can fix this if you delete the marvin.properties file from your chemaxon settings directory, which can be located as the chemaxon folder in your user home directory. (Usually can be found on Windows at C:\Users\username\chemaxon, on Unix/Linux/Mac systems at /home/username/.chemaxon) 

If you want to preserve other settings, then open this file with a text editor, and remove the lines starting with: sketchRendering2d, sketchRendering3d, viewRendering2d, viewRendering3d, sketchRendering, viewRendering, sketchMolbg2d, sketchMolbg3d, viewMolbg2d, viewMolbg3d, molbg.

I hope this helps to solve your problem.

Regards,
Istvan