Marvin View and Marvin Sketch is not loading in Firefox

User fec9e52845

03-02-2014 09:53:45

Hi,

For us Our application is working fine for both IE and firefox in local machine . But deployed in server and test the application in Firefox is not working, IE working fine. PFA for Error details.

My server is : Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, Java 1.7.0_45 32 bit. Please help me regarding this issue.

We have using MVC 4 application. Find the Code detail :

<div class="marvin marvin_content">
 <script type="text/javascript" language="javascript">
 msketch_name = "MSketch";
 msketch_begin("@Url.Content("~/Scripts/marvin")", 640, 350, true); 

msketch_param("mol", "");
 msketch_param("viewonly", true);
 msketch_param("colorScheme", "cpk");
 msketch_param("menubar", true);
 msketch_param("buttonmenubar", false);
 msketch_param("autoscale", true);
 msketch_param("cacheMols", false);
 msketch_param("customizationEnabled", false);
 msketch_end();
 </script>
</div> 

function showSmile() {

applet = document.getElementById("MSketch");
            if (applet != null) {
                applet.setMol($('[id="hdnSmile"]').val());
                msketch_param("cacheMols", false);
            }

PFA for java console output of the example on our server.

Regards

Siva

User fec9e52845

04-02-2014 10:48:17

Hi,

Any update on this issue. This is high periority for us.

Regards

Siva

ChemAxon 7936325a45

06-02-2014 13:13:46

Hello,

First of all, sorry for the late answer. I think the cause of this error is in the pack.gz files. Delete all jar.pack.gz files from server, and try to run the applet again (maybe it will be slower, because the unpacked jars will be downloaded instead of the packed versions). If the applet works this way, than the pack.gz files were broken (you can try to upload them again to the server, or download the applet from chemaxon site (http://www.chemaxon.com/) and replace it in your application), if this not fixing your problem pleas send the error report.

Regards,
István Őri 

User 3c25c416bd

08-02-2014 12:48:00

istvanori wrote:

Hello,

First of all, sorry for the late answer. I think the cause of this error is in the pack.gz files. Delete all jar.pack.gz files from server, and try to run the applet again (maybe it will be slower, because the unpacked jars will be downloaded instead of the packed versions). If the applet works this way, than the pack.gz files were broken (you can try to upload them again to the server, or download the applet from chemaxon site (http://www.chemaxon.com/) and replace it in your application), if this not fixing your problem pleas send the error report.

Regards,
István Őri 

seems to work

Thanks

User fec9e52845

17-02-2014 09:10:31

Hi,

I have deleted the all the jar.pack.gz files from server. Still i am getting same error.

PFA for java console output on our server.

We have using the claim based Application. May be it is caused the Problem?

Please help regarding this.

Regards

Siva

User fec9e52845

18-02-2014 10:28:54

Hi,

Awaiting for response.

Regards

Siva

ChemAxon 7936325a45

18-02-2014 17:22:30

Hi,

I think your browser/Java/network cached the server content. I found this in the attached error log:

network: Downloading resource: https://login-stage.gsk.com/adfs/ls/auth/integrated/?wa=wsignin1.0&wtrealm=urn%3acrs-test&wctx=rm%3d0%26id%3dpassive%26ru%3d%252fCRSTEST%252fScripts%252fmarvin%252fjmarvin. style="background-color: #ff0000;">jar.pack.gz&wct=2014-02-17T08%3a52%3a09Z

Content-Length: 7,993

Content-Encoding: pack200-gzip

java.util.zip.ZipException: Not in GZIP format

That means your browser still tries to download the pack.gz files.

Try to delete Java cache:

Close browser->go to ControllPanel->Java->Settings under Temporary Internet Files section on General Tab->Delete Files->Check all checkboxes->OK

After deleting the cache, restart your browser and try to run the applet again. If the error still occures, please contact us again and attach the consol output.

Thanks,
István Őri 

User fec9e52845

20-02-2014 07:29:10

Posted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:10 am    Post subject: Marvin View and Marvin Sketch is not loading in Firefox

Hi,

I have deleted the all the jar.pack.gz files from server. Still i am getting same error.

PFA for java console output on our server.

Regards

Siva

ChemAxon 5433b8e56b

21-02-2014 10:28:06

Hi Siva,

I think the problem in the last scenario is with the Content-Encoding header sent back by the server side to the client. It is not clear why only firefox has issues, since at the point where the first exception happens, the Java Virtual Machine tries to download the jar file. The value of the by Java reported Content-Length header is also suspicious, please check its validity just as the integrity of the .jar.pack.gz and .jar files.

Please restore all the .jar.pack.gz files on the server, and reconfigure the server side to properly set the headers.

You can find more information about the request-response mechanism and the proper headers at this link.

You should also check, whether you can start an applet from the ChemAxon website. If yes you can check our servers behaviour in regarding the Content-Encoding HTTP header. An applet example can be check for example here for the latest version, or you can check older versions in our archive.

I hope this will help to solve or at least further debug the problem which I think lies somwhere in the network communication.

Regards,
Istvan 

User fec9e52845

03-03-2014 06:48:00

Hi,

Sorry for late Delay.Still i am getting same Issue.

Seems like when try to Access the Claims authentication to gettting the Error. But it is working for IE.

PFA for Console Error Report.

Regards

Siva

ChemAxon 5433b8e56b

05-03-2014 15:29:33

Hi Siva,

did you try to start the applet from our server? Could you be able to check the request-reqponse headers, I mentioned as a possible source of the problem?

Besides my previous suggestions, after I have checked again the log files you have attached, I noticed one more thing, it seems when java tries to download the jmarvin.jar.pack.gz file, it gets an answer which is 7993 bytes long, when it tries to download the jmarvin.jar file, it gets an answer which is 7985 bytes long. The difference seems to be equal with the difference between the two file names, which indicates me the following: java gets an error message instead of the jar file when it tries to download the jar file, and that is why it can not load the applet.

From the logs, there is an other thing which is surely a problem. The site from where the applet is loaded, is accessed via the https protocol, but the certificate of the web server could not be verified.

From the logs a possible other problem it that, the issuer of the certificate is not a registered Root CA, and it is not added to the trusted CA list of Java on the client PC, therefore the java plugin refuses to download the jar files.

Could you please verify these theories?

Regards,
Istvan