"Classnotfoundexception" error using Marvin Sketch

User 5e824e87ce

09-01-2014 22:00:42

I have no clue if this is the appropriate area to post my question but I am using WileyPLUS for my chemistry course this semester. WileyPLUS utilizes the marvin sketch pad. When I open the page it looks like java is loading for a fraction of a second then "error. click for details" pops up. When I click that message "Application error, ClassNotFoundException" pops up. Under that it says "chemaxon.marvin.applet.JMSketchLaunch". When I click "details" it brings me to a Java console that says a whole lot but the first line says "Java Plug-in 10.45.2.18". 

WileyPLUS has troubleshooted and escalated my issue but I have homework backing up by the day and I don't think I am the top of their priority list. Can anyone give me some trouble shooting tips?

If it helps, I am using a MAC air with OS X Version 10.8.5. I have also gone to the Java website and it says I am running on the recommended version of version 7 update 45. Thank you

ps… I see it says to specify the marvin version but I don't know where to find that information. 

ChemAxon bd13b5bd77

09-01-2014 22:13:50

Hi Blacko,

I moved your topic to the Marvin team, if you do not mind I close this on dotnet area.

Viktor

User 5e824e87ce

09-01-2014 22:15:45

I apologize for posting in the wrong area. Thanks for fixing it!