Problem exposing local service to MarvinSketch

User bab06bf098

20-11-2013 20:11:37

Using MarvinSketch/JChem 6.1.3

When I first downloaded MarvinSketch I was able to expose a local service to the structure editor without problem.  My jar had a method for returning the .mol String format of the active molecule.  This worked great, I redeployed the next day after getting this working initially and got a "File error" dialog that said: "Can not load jar file."  I can't find log files anywhere that might tell me more about the problem.  I have since tried a few different things.  I downloaded the example jar file from the ChemAxon website and that worked fine.  When I tried to compile the source for that jar myself I got the same file error.  I thought maybe I needed to sign the jar, but since I had it working when I first downloaded the product I don't think that's the case.  

Any insight on the cause of that particular error dialog is appreciated!

ChemAxon e08c317633

21-11-2013 15:23:58

kathleen.kauffman _at_ gmail.c wrote:

I redeployed the next day after getting this working initially and got a "File error" dialog that said: "Can not load jar file." 

Could you explain what do you mean by "redeployed"?

User bab06bf098

21-11-2013 20:08:50

Redeployed meaning that I built the same exact jar and tried to expose it.  I first modified the jar and built it and tried to expose it through the local service, got the error and rolled back to the code that had worked before (same jar from before) and got this "file error."  At that point I tried an extremely simple hello world method and got the same "File error."  

ChemAxon e08c317633

05-12-2013 12:44:19

We cannot reproduce the error. Could you send us your source and JAR files?