Installing 4.0.4

User ea98d861c7

24-01-2006 17:03:14

I had an earlier version of Marvin Beans (4.0.3 I believe) on Mac OSX 10.4 that I tried to update to the latest version yesterday. When I tried installing it, it told me I had to uninstall any earlier versions of Marvin Beans. I then went into my applications and deleted my Marvin Beans folder. After deleting it, I still cannot install 4.0.4 and can no longer install 4.0.3 either. I emptied the trash after both deletions, which was stupid. Anything I can do to get Marvin Beans back?

ChemAxon 7c2d26e5cf

25-01-2006 15:53:40

The previously installed Marvin Beans was not removed correctly. You should have used the uninstaller to do it.

The installer generates a file (chemaxon.properties) to store a couple of info about installed product. Naturally, uninstaller removes it.

If a Marvin Beans installer detects "chemaxon.properties" on your machine, the installater stops to avoid overwriting the previous version of Marvin Beans.

To release this blocking, delete "chemaxon.properties" from your machine. If you have got Windows, you it is located in the "chemaxon" sub folder of your user home (e.g.: C:\Documents and Settings\username\chemaxon\chemaxon.properties). If you are a Mac or a Linux user, you will find it in HOME/.chemaxon directory (where HOME is your user home).

After removing chemaxon.properties, restart the installer of the new Marvin Beans package.