Bypass OSRA when using ClipboardHandler

User e951339c43

14-11-2013 15:55:30

Hi, we have an in-house application that uses Marvin for clipboard handling. Specifically, we call ClipboardHandler.getObjectFromClipboard() to capture a Molecule object. For our app, there are use cases where the user just wants to paste in a bitmap image and store it. In the past, that method just returned null which gave us indication the clipboard doesn't contain any parsable data. After upgrading from Marvin version 5 to 6.0.5, we started seeing a problem where the getObjectFromClipboard() method will always pop up a wizard asking about the import format. It also emits an error trace since I don't have OSRA installed on my computer. Fortunately, that doesn't seem to affect the normal flow of the program. But the pop up wizard behavior has a significant impact on the usability of my application.

Is there any way we can suppress this pop up dialog so that the getObjectFromClipboard() method will just behave like the way it did in version 5?

Thanks for your help!

Ning Yu

ChemAxon f052bdfe3c

25-11-2013 16:12:32

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply. We considered your request and decided that we restore the original behavior from  version 6.2.1.

Best Regards,

Efi

User e951339c43

09-12-2013 16:23:57

Thank you for considering my request and providing a resolution in a timely manner!

Ning

ehoffmann wrote:

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply. We considered your request and decided that we restore the original behavior from  version 6.2.1.

Best Regards,

Efi