how to set text tool default font

User 956e0ca334

08-11-2013 14:49:46

Hi there,

We are building as system  the marvin view applet to create images (marvin 6.1.2).  We use the text tool to create a lot of annotations. 

But when we click on the text tool it always comes up with the SansSerif  font size 10.  We use Times New Roman  size 12 as standard.  Can we set the default for the tool so it comes up with this font and size as a default when ever the text button is selected?

Thanks

Megan 

ChemAxon 5433b8e56b

09-11-2013 00:33:12

Hi Megan,

currently it is not supported by the application to change the default font of textboxes. Due to difficulties we have ran into and other issues in the area of publication and presentation purpose drawings, we decided to clean up the functionalities, and fulfill a major refactor in the relevant codebase before we start to implement new features including the possibility to set up the default font for textboxes.

According to our current plans, these topics are in our near future priorities, so this feature is not so far away, but currently we can not give you reliable estimation about it.

As a best practice to apply a company standard for the textbox formatting, I would suggest to create the annotations first, then select the whole structure with "ctrl+a" and change the font setting on the "Graphics Objects" tab of the "File>Document Style" (formerly "Edit>Format...") dialog at once for all the textboxes. Then finally if you need special format for a given textbox, or a part of it, make the style modifications afterwards on the particular special elements. (As I hope this may be a bit more comfortable than set the style everytime when you place a textbox.)

Regards,
Istvan 

User 956e0ca334

11-11-2013 08:07:47

thanks Istavan,  I will pass this on to our inputters.

Regards

Megan

User 7c1c33251b

21-04-2015 12:59:56

Hi,

I would like to know how far are you with implementation the default style for text box in the document. The way around is not working very good for us. The issue is even more difficult while using JChem4excel. Drawing the whole synthesis path with experimental data in the text boxes is a long process and being honest quite annoying. 

Best greetings,

Anna

ChemAxon f052bdfe3c

22-04-2015 07:57:31

Hi Anna,

Unfortunately, we cannot find the capacity for this development yet.

Best regards,

Efi