Problem typing an alias

User 53611d53ae

28-10-2013 20:36:42

Hello ChemAxon,

I have encountered a new bug in the latest versions (I think I had it in 6.1.0, definitely in 6.1.2).

When I have a molecule open in the MarvinSketch applet, and I want to type in an alias, this is what I do:

I click on the Periodic Table of Chemical elements icon, then on the Advanced tab, then on the Alias button, and finally type the alias and click close, at which point I can just use the mouse to click on any atom, and it will change to the typed alias.

Recently I noticed the following: everything is normal until I click on the alias button. However, when I try to type, I can't. Instead, there is a long pause, and then a window pops up with the title "Import as" (see attached screen capture). Once I click on Cancel and close this window, I can type my alias as usual and continue.

I noticed that if I wait a very long time after clicking the alias button without typing anything, I can type normally without having that window pop up.

Cheers,

Ron

ChemAxon 5433b8e56b

05-11-2013 12:52:54

Hi Ron,

can you please check whether you can reproduce this issue in one of our applet examples on this page? You can also find the example pages with the 6.1.2 version here.

If not, can you please give me some more information about the used environment? (browser version, java version, html code snippet to see how the applet is embedded into the site, and perhaps the contents of the java console)

I have tried our examples with 6.1.2 and I was not able to reproduce the issue, I was able to type in anything into the Value field on the advanced tab, either the Alias button is toggled or not. (I used latest Chrome and Firefox for testing with Java 1.7.0_u45, on a Windows 7.

Regards,
Istvan