UNable to execute the JAR file.

User fec9e52845

05-08-2013 11:31:48

Hi,

We have try to Edit the isotopes.txt and try to compressed with isotopescomp.jar tool . It is located marvin\build\isotopescomp.jar(This file is got from Download Marvin Applet  marvin-all-5.9.4.zip from the link embedded)  in my machine( Windows 7) .

When try to compressed with isotopescomp.jar tool nothing is happening. We  have using .net application , I have in my machine jdk1.7.0_21,jdk1.7.0_25 and jre1.7.0.i dont use any Java application or tool in my machine

Note : We have unable to find the  isotopescomp.jar install location  in <Marvin_i nstall_dir>/MarvinBeans/build/ or any other location except Download Marvin Applet.

Can you please provide the steps to edit the isotopes.txt , compressed with isotopescomp.jar tool and any other tool need to install my machine to execute the JAR file.

Regards

Siva

ChemAxon 2c555f5717

08-08-2013 07:53:06

Dear Siva!

Please tell me what version did you install, to check whether the installer has any problems. The usage of the program is really simple:

java -jar isotopescomp.jar isotopes.txt

Where isotopes.txt is the txt file that was edited by you. (In my example the isotopescomp.jar and isotopes.txt was in the same folder.) If the program gives you a FileNotFoundException to isotopes.dat, that means you have to run the command as administrator to get write permission to the output folder. (We will try to make it more comfortable in the forthcomming versions.)

Regards:
Balázs 

User fec9e52845

08-08-2013 09:07:56

Hi,

I have installed JChem .NET API 6.0.2.215 and Marvin .NET 6.0.2.215.

We have try to Edit the isotopes.txt and try to compressed with isotopescomp.jar tool . It is located marvin\build\isotopescomp.jar(This file is got from Download Marvin Applet  marvin-all-5.9.4.zip from the link embedded)  in my machine( Windows 7) .

When try to compressed with isotopescomp.jar tool nothing is happening. We  have using .net application , I have in my machine jdk1.7.0_21,jdk1.7.0_25 and jre1.7.0.i dont use any Java application or tool in my machine

Note : We have unable to find the  isotopescomp.jar install location  in <Marvin_i nstall_dir>/MarvinBeans/build/ or any other location except Download Marvin Applet.

Regards

Siva

ChemAxon 2c555f5717

08-08-2013 15:25:33

Dear Siva!

The .NET version of Marvin does not contain this jar, because this is a Java only application of Chemaxon. Now I have attached the latest the 32 and 64 bit versions. You can run it from command line, both your JDK versions, and your JRE is compatible with this jar.
   I hope, it helps.

Regards:
Balázs