structures templates in Marvin disabled

User bb0bf41f20

11-07-2013 09:14:05

Hello
there,

We
have JchemCartrige 5.9.1. installed on a 64 bits Windows machine.  None of the toolbar templates are active
except ‘naphtaline’ (green arrow). All the others structures shown by the red
arrows cannot be dragged and dropped in the structure editing area.

Any
ideas on what should I do?

Many thanks,

Crina

ChemAxon 61b4fee994

11-07-2013 09:26:39

Moved to Marvin forum.

ChemAxon 7936325a45

11-07-2013 14:38:30

Hello,

Is the marvin on the screenshot, by chance, running as an applet? If it is, and you run this applet on windows, than it possibly uses IIS. In that case please visit the applet FAQ site:  http://www.chemaxon.com/marvin/help/developer/applets/appletfaq.html#iis

Especially this part: 

IIS servers versioned 6.0 and above serve only those files that are on the mime type list of the server or web site, but some types required by Marvin are not on the list by default. 

If the problem still occures, please provide us with further information about:

Regards,
István 

ChemAxon 23cc8b5e66

11-07-2013 19:25:02

Please not drag-and-drop but click on a template and after that click on the canvas. Have you tried that way?
:)

viktorw

User bb0bf41f20

15-07-2013 08:59:30

viktorw wrote:

Please not drag-and-drop but click on a template and after that click on the canvas. Have you tried that way?
:)

viktorw

Hi Viktor,

We have tried that, the problem is that the structure templates are not active. There is something else.

We have since noticed that the marvin applet is
running on JChem 5.3.6 rather than 5.9.1. We have a local install of marvin
sketch that is working fine. We would therefore like to allow the marvin applet
to talk to JChem 5.9.1 rather than 5.3.6, which are both installed on the machine. Could you advise us on how to do this?

I am looking forward to your reply.

Many thanks,

Crina

User bb0bf41f20

15-07-2013 10:00:48

Hi Viktor and Istvan,

We have tried that, the problem is that the structure templates are not active. There is something else.

We have since noticed that the marvin applet is running on JChem 5.3.6 rather than 5.9.1. We have a local install of marvin sketch that is working fine. We would therefore like to allow the marvin applet to talk to JChem 5.9.1 rather than 5.3.6, which are both installed on the machine. Could you advise us on how to do this?

I am looking forward to your reply.

Many thanks,

Crina

User bb0bf41f20

16-07-2013 09:22:59

Hi there,

There are some more features that do not work in the MarvinSketch applet
(version 5.3.6).

We are also not able to choose structure links (S,F,P,Cl, Br, I) .

I also did some further tests with the local installation of
MarvinSketch version (5.9.1). We do not have these problems there.

Could this problem may be related to the applet version? Is it possible
to exchange the MarvinSketch applet with the latest version ? 

Many thanks in advance.

Crina

ChemAxon 5433b8e56b

16-07-2013 23:10:20

Hi Crina,

did you check the link Istvan have send you?

Which version of Marvin Applet is installed on the server? Is the web server software a Microsoft IIS?
I understand what is not working, but as Istvan wrote you we assume that the problem is that the web server could not provide the isotopes.data file somehow for the client side. Would you please check this first?

Regards,
Istvan 

User bb0bf41f20

18-07-2013 15:10:47

Hi,

I'm Claire - one of Crina's colleagues working on the problem.

The applet version is Marvin 5.3.6 and it is a Microsoft IIS.

The isotopes.data file is present on the web-site server in this location C:\inetpub\wwwroot\vitic1-0\marvin\chemaxon. What are the possible causes for the client side not being able to access this file?

Thanks

Claire

ChemAxon 5433b8e56b

19-07-2013 11:35:38

Hi Claire,

in IIS 6.0 and above version, there is a rule introduced by Microsoft. The server only serves files that have a registered mime/type in the server. The server find out the mime/type based on the file extension, and the .data extension is not registered in IIS by default, so you have to do it manually.

The basic symtpom is that marvin can not handle most of the templates, because the isotope information is needed by some inside calculation in our molecule representation. An other sysmtopm is a RuntimeException on the java console originating from the GraphInvariants class.

Int the previously linked faq (Marvin Applet FAQ) you can find proper mime/types and a list of the mime/types and file extensions that have to be registered for Marvin Applets.

Regards,
Istvan 

User bb0bf41f20

22-07-2013 10:39:04

Hi,

Thanks for the help guys. We've added the .data mime type and now the applet is working as expected.

Cheers

Claire

ChemAxon 5433b8e56b

23-07-2013 06:24:23

Hi Claire,

I am glad to hear it, if you encounter any more problem please feel free to ask us.

Best regards,
Istvan