i can start Java Applet but can't start MarvinApplet

User 8bebba65c2

08-07-2013 09:23:45

Hi all of you,

i have Laptop and PC with my Laptop (Window XP) i can load Structure with Marvin Applet  in ( FF 22.0 and IE 8 ).

the Problem is, if i use the same Code and try to start the Marvin Applet with the PC (Windos 7) i can see only

gray square and i don't see the Molecule (Structure) and i get the following Rows in Java-Console

Java-Plug-in 10.25.2.17
JRE-Version verwenden 1.7.0_25-b17 Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM
Benutzer-Home-Verzeichnis = E:\Profiles\alyamori
----------------------------------------------------
c:   Konsolenfenster löschen
f:   Objekte in Finalisierungs-Queue finalisieren
g:   Garbage Collect
h:   Diese Hilfemeldung anzeigen
l:   Class Loader-Liste ausgeben
m:   Speicherauslastung drucken
o:   Logging auslösen
q:   Konsole ausblenden
r:   Policy-Konfiguration neu laden
s:   System- und Deployment-Eigenschaften ausgeben
t:   Threadliste ausgeben
v:   Thread-Stack ausgeben
x:   Class Loader-Cache leeren
0-5: Trace-Ebene auf <n> setzen
----------------------------------------------------
Resource http://crl.globalsign.net/root.crl has future expires: Wed Jul 10 16:02:32 CEST 2013 update check skipped.
Resource http://crl.globalsign.com/gs/gscodesigng2.crl has future expires: Mon Jul 08 12:25:03 CEST 2013 update check skipped.

File Structure

please put the File-->  marvin and the Attachment (the .html file) in the same directory  to test.

has anybody the same Problem ?

thanks alot for helping me

Ottens

caution : i changed the Attachment

caution : i changed the Attachment

ChemAxon 5433b8e56b

17-07-2013 00:26:06

Hi Ottens,

first if all sorry for the late answer on this issue.

Am I understand well, that you are launching the file via a double click, and in this way open the file from the local file system?

If yes, that may cause the problem. The applet is designed to run from a web server, and we are testing it from a web server any time, so we can not tell you whether it should run this way or not. As far as I remember, and as I know, the applet in this case runs in a different sandbox, and with some special parts, this could cause a different behaviour, and even a crash, and this is varies from browser to browser, and from java version to java version. So we suggest to use a web server if you would like to test your web page.

Can you please confirm that your html file loads the applet correctly when you load it into the browser via a web server?

Regards,
Istvan 

User 8bebba65c2

22-07-2013 13:43:19

Hi Istvan,

you are right with Tomcat i could start my Applet.

thanks alot

Ottens

ChemAxon 5433b8e56b

23-07-2013 06:25:13

Hi Ottens,

I am glad to hear it, if you have any further issues in the future, please do not hesitate to ask us.

Regards,
Istvan 

User 8bebba65c2

23-07-2013 12:36:05

Hi Istvan,

i am grateful for your help Sir,  thanks alot agin.

best Regards

Ottens