Marvin Sketch 6 gives error in IE 9

User 9563be2caf

26-06-2013 21:20:50

Hi,

I have installed Marvin Sketch v6 into webserver and when I ran my web app in IE 9 (using Application Express from Oracle), it generates the following error in Apache log (works fine in FireFox):

---------------------------------------------------------------------

SIGNATURE (parameter names) MISMATCH

VARIABLES IN FORM NOT IN PROCEDURE: MARVINSKETCHAPPLET

NON-DEFAULT VARIABLES IN PROCEDURE NOT IN FORM:

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is my html and javascript code:

<html>

<body>

<form name="MarvinSketchForm" action="javascript:void(0);">

<table border="1">

<tr>

<td colspan="2">

<script type="text/javascript" SRC="http://nahcsqa101&CHEMAXON_DIR./marvin.js"></script>

<script type="text/javascript">

<!--

msketch_name="MarvinSketchApplet";

msketch_begin("http://nahcsqa101&CHEMAXON_DIR.", 540, 480);

msketch_param("mol", $v('P7_MOLSTRING'));

msketch_param("autoscale", "true");

msketch_end();

//-->

</script>

</td>

</tr>

</table>

</form>

</body>

</html>

------------------------------

<script type="text/javascript">

function getMolString()

{

var s = document.MarvinSketchApplet.getMol("mol");

$x('P7_MOLSTRING').value = s;

//alert($x('P7_MOLSTRING').value);

}

</script>

----------------------------------------

My button has: javascript:getMolString();doSubmit('APPLY_CHANGES');

Let me know what I am missing.

Thank you.

Iosif Yuabov

ChemAxon 5433b8e56b

29-06-2013 09:51:59

Hi Iosif,

as I have googled it, this is an APEX specific error message, and we are not familiar with it at all. The applet related javascript snippet seems to be fine.

If you want to check what the marvin.js function msketch_end() writes into the html document, you can use the msketch_end_to_string() method which returns the generated code snippet (it is browser specific), instead of writing it to the document directly. This may give you a clue, if somthing is missing to APEX because of the generated html content.

Regards,
Istvan 

User 9563be2caf

01-07-2013 19:35:33

Hi Istvan,

Thank you for reply. I have added mscketch_end_to_string() function and the error displayed in IE (v9 and v7) and Chrome is: YOU CANNOT SEE A JAVA APPLET HERE. 

The error in FireFox is: legacy_lifecycle="true" java_arguments="-Djnlp.packEnabled=true -Xmx512m" codebase_lookup="false" >

Is there a java compatibility issue related the the error? Please let me know.

Thank you.

Iosif

ChemAxon f052bdfe3c

04-07-2013 13:55:56

Hi Josif,

István is out off office today. He will answer you when he is back.

Best Regards,

EFi

User 9563be2caf

09-07-2013 17:59:11

Hi,

I am following up on the issue with IE9 and Marvin Sketch applet. I also have some updates. I am also getting "YOU CANNOT SEE A JAVA APPLET HERE" message when I am trying to load Marvin Sketch from your website. Screenshots are attached.

User 9563be2caf

10-07-2013 17:47:49

Hi,

Some more updates and additional info that I missed:

-----------------------------------------------

File does not exist: /u01/app/oracl

e/product/10.2.0/HTTPD/Apache/images/images41/Chemaxon/lib/marvin/chemaxon/marvin/datatransfer.properties

File does not exist: /u01/app/oracl

e/product/10.2.0/HTTPD/Apache/images/images41/Chemaxon/lib/marvin/marvin.mytemplates

------------------------------------------------

These errors only generated when using IE.

Let me know if you are capable to help or not.

Thank you very much.

Iosif

ChemAxon 5433b8e56b

16-07-2013 23:54:30

Hi,

sorry for the late answer, I had to set up a similar environment, since IE 10 does not had this issue on my computer.

And as you can see, on the attached image, I was not able to reproduce the issue on IE9 either. That is a problem that the YOU CANNOT SEE... text is also displayed with the applet, but I can reproduce it only on this page, and it does not affect the behaviour of the applet.

The two files that are being searched should not cause any problem whether they are not exsits, or exsists and valid.

Can you please check whether there is an exception on the java console or something useful? Please also check that what happens if you empty the java and browser cache and reload the applet that way.

Curretly I am not sure I am able to help you, but I would like to help to solve your issue if it is on our side, but I am afraid that I can not really help on the APEX part, if the issue is there.

Regards,
Istvan