Marvin-Setting Custom File Location in applet on startup

User 956e0ca334

07-06-2013 13:22:51

Hi there,

We are using Marvin sketch applet  to generate files on our system.  I can see that there is an option to Save Custom Location, which can be saved in the configuration.xml file.  However, there is an issue in that we have quite a complex system for storing and naming  our files and we would like to preset the Save As option path and the default file name when the applet opens- as these both the path and the file name (default is currently untitled_molecule_file) vary in on a drawing by drawing basis.

e.g.

c:\\antibiotics\anti123.mrv

c:\\steriods\steriod333.mrv

Is there by any chance an msketch_param parameter that will allow me to change the default path and file name?  Or is there someother way of doing this?

Thanks

Megan

ChemAxon f052bdfe3c

07-06-2013 16:15:16

Hi Megan,

We do not have solution for this problem currently. We try to solve it for the next major release.

Best Regards

Efi

ChemAxon 2c555f5717

07-06-2013 19:53:12

Dear Megan!

There is no option or parameter yet to set the default saving name. But it is not impossible to implement, so I will talk to the corresponding colleagues about your request.

Regards:
Balázs 

User 956e0ca334

10-06-2013 12:32:46

Hi Balázs,

If you could ask and let me know, that would be very helpful. It will be an issue implimenting Marvin as the structure drawing software for our new system if we can not control the file name and the path for each file programmatically .  It would leave things far too open to human error.  I suppose I could move a file after creation, but if numerous users are creating marvin files ALL with the same default name and path, well I'm sure you can see my issue!

Thanks

Megan

User 956e0ca334

10-06-2013 14:48:43

It would also be be extremely useful if the other options of the Save/Load tab of the preferences could be set programatically (they do not seem to be in the customisation.xml file) 

i.e. save/load gui settings

save/load zoom factor

Thanks

M

ChemAxon 2c555f5717

12-06-2013 20:07:32

Dear Megan!

Customisation.xml holds the GUI costumisation informations, like which buttons should appear on the toolbars, where should be the toolbar, what menus should be available, etc. Marvin.properties holds the usersettings as saveformat, imlicit Hydrogen visibility, etc. I will forward your other requests as well.

Regards:
Balázs 

ChemAxon 23cc8b5e66

13-09-2013 10:12:24

Hi Megan,

This bug has been fixed and will be available in the next major release (6.2, end of this year).
The settings will be saved and loaded from/to a separate properties
file - on the user's computer - for every different domain. (NOTE: if there are two applets on the
same domain, e.g. host.com/applet/site.html and
host.com/somethingelse/site.html, then they will share the same
properties file, because they are on the same host.com domain.)
Hope that helps.

Best regards,
Viktor

User 956e0ca334

20-09-2013 07:04:39

That is excellent news I look forward to trying it when it is released.

Thanks

Megan