Hydrogens not showing in MarvinSpace

User 7cef35c1da

26-05-2013 03:51:07

MarvinSpace doesn't show hydrogens for some reason. I've been looking everywhere and i just can't find a solution.

EDIT: found it, took me 3 hours but found it.

User 7cef35c1da

26-05-2013 04:00:34

Nevermind, found it. Can't believe it took me 3 hours to do so...

ChemAxon 60613ab728

27-05-2013 07:57:44

Hi Daniel,

I am sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Please find a screenshot attached. You can find this option  under

Display/Ligand/DrawType/Hydrogens.

Display/Macromolecule/DrawType/Hydrogens.

Display/Water/DrawType/Hydrogens.

See also in MSpace/Help under Menu opitons.

Display/Macromolecule/DrawType/Hydrogens.

Do you have suggestion what would be the best place for these options?

Thanks,

Miklos

p.s. For the request of Hans-Ulrich Wagner, the original dopamine example has been removed. A new example about limonene has been inserted.

User 7cef35c1da

28-05-2013 01:10:17

Wow, thanks for replying anyway. Yes, i think it'd be much easier if everything in the Marvin Suite had the same standard menu layout, where it may apply. Just as a way to standardise your menus so users can find things more easily and quickly.

That said, i love your software and think it's easily the best out there (recent convert from, clunkier, costlier, chem software). Keep up the amazing work.

ChemAxon 2c555f5717

28-05-2013 09:57:19

Thank you very much! We are gona consider your advice.

Regards:
Balázs 

User 25d107bd42

23-06-2013 05:08:15

Hi MarvinSpace developers,

in our student courses we are often producing molecules in MarvinSketch and visualizing these in MarvinSpace. And to see the hydrogens we must always show these options "Display/Ligand/DrawType/Hydrogens". Do do this once is acceptable. But it must be done every time after closing/opening MarvinSpace. MarvinSpace does not remember this option.

But as I know MarvinSpace has still no file to save those options. It's an old topic of me I am looking for such a storage. When do we get it ? 

Another possibility here would be to set the default to display the hydrogens.

Best regards, Hans-Ulrich

ChemAxon 60613ab728

25-06-2013 07:37:10

Dear Hans-Ulrich,

thanks very much for your comment. We are aware that storing user settings in a config file would be a very useful feature to MarvinSpace. It is already in our backlog for a long time.
Let's discuss separately in email, how could we give a higher priority to this request.

Thank you,

Miklos 

User 050f2b66a2

18-10-2013 13:37:41

Hello,

we have the same Problem. We use MarvinSpace to display conformations of small molecules and we also need hydrogens displayed.

So we need to set Display / Draw Type / Ligand / Hydrogens again and again when we start MarvinSpace.

We also regularely change the Background-colour into "white" and quality into "High".

Is there a possibility in the meantime that we can store these settings in a configfile and - if yes - where do we find this configfile?

I have fond a description of MarvinSpace Parameters and Events
https://www.chemaxon.com/marvin/help/developer/space-par.html

for exapmple:
Ligand.Hydrogens=true
Ligand.Quality="High"
Background.Color="#FFFFFF"

Can you tell me, how to use this settings as defaults?

Thanks in advance
Udo

ChemAxon eb65a25631

21-10-2013 16:00:24

Hi Udo,

In MarvinSpace 6.2, there will be a button on the toolbar for easily enable/disable hydrogen visualization.
This setting (along with some others, like draw and color types for molecules) is saved to a config file.

I will check how we could save more properties (like the ones you mentioned).

Regards,
Andras

ChemAxon eb65a25631

24-10-2013 10:59:35

Hi Udo,

I found out, that you can do that with the current version of MarvinSpace.

If you create a text file with this content:

MarvinSpace Log File

Quality High

Background.Color #ffffff

Ligand.Hydrogens true

You can load it, by using File/Process Exisiting Log File...

Regards,

Andras

User 05d9866f9b

23-05-2014 13:43:04

Hi Andras, That means that with our current deployed version 6.1.2 we don't have a chance to set the defaults as standard e.g. by automatically process the log files, right? We have to open this file manually for 6.1.2, correct? Thx Edith

ChemAxon f052bdfe3c

02-06-2014 14:29:25

Yes. Unfortunately, it is correct. András solved it in version 6.3.

Best Regards,

Efi