Copy and Paste OLE objects in Marvin Applet

User 05d9866f9b

13-05-2013 14:40:33

We've implemented the Marvin Applet (5.11) in an ASP.net application and can copy and paste structures from Marvin Sketch client to the Marvin Applet in the ASP.net application.

But it is not possible to copy data e.g. from ISIS or Isentris clients and paste them in the Marvin Applet.

Please see the attached datatransfer.properties file - it might be that we're missing  a property or a jar file - but we can't find what cause the problem.

ChemAxon 5433b8e56b

14-05-2013 12:41:07

Hi,

can you please check the clipboard contents after a copy operation from ISIS?

The easiest way which can help me with useful information, is to download a clipboard viewer application, I usually use Clipboard Format Spy, and send me a screenshot about the application, after copying in ISIS.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Istvan 

User 7eb23419ad

15-05-2013 10:42:53

Hi,

here the screenshot of the clipboard. I copied a structure with ISIS draw.

Thanks,

Tobias

User 05d9866f9b

16-05-2013 05:27:50

For some reasons the post from Tobias doesn't show up here:

Therefore please see again the clipboard content /screenshot from Spy in the attached file.

Thanks for your help, Edith

ChemAxon 5433b8e56b

30-05-2013 06:52:22

Hi,

this seem to be interesting, I have tried the 5.11.0 version of MarvinSketch, and I managed to use an AccelrysDraw instance for copying, but the copy and paste operation was successful.

The only difference I saw is that when I copied the structure from Accelrys, there was also on MDLCT data on the clipboard.

I have also tried that when I copy only in the SKC format from a Marvin desktop instance, but that was also imported by the 5.11.0 applet.

Can you please check whether there is an error on the java console, and also please check if the molecule is importable when it is saved as an skc file from ISIS? Which version of ISIS is used to copy?

Besides these, would you please tell me which applet version is used from the 5.11.x versions? Are there any security related warnings arise while the applet is loading? Is the paste button enabled (it has its colors and it is not grayed out)? The code snippet where the applet is embedded could be also useful, along with some information with the problematic structure if it is somewhat specific

I hope based on these information I can create a reproduction case, and find out what can be the problem.

Thanks in advance, and thank you for your patience under the time of the User Group Meeting.

Regards,
Istvan 

User 05d9866f9b

05-06-2013 17:08:06

Hi

1. There is no error on the java console.
2. Please see the details regarding the version:

Product Version: MarvinSketch 5.11.4
Build Date: 2012-11-19
Internal build id: 5.11.4_b82
Operating System: x86 Windows XP 5.1
Java: Sun Microsystems Inc. Java 1.6.0_27
Memory: 247,5M maximum, 59,2M total, 25,9M free
Environment: Trusted Applet (with administrator rights)
Browser: sun.plugin 1.1

3. It can be imported if it was saved as an skc file in ISIS
4. I've used ISIS Draw Version 2.5 SR3
5. No warnings arise while the applet is loading
6. The paste button is enabled - I even used this button for testing (and Ctrl C)
7. See the attached skc file below
8. I'll send you the code snipped by eMail

Might it be that we have to deploy specific jar files that we haven't by now?

Thanks for help, Edith

User 05d9866f9b

05-07-2013 14:30:13

If it easier to make a short webex- please let us know. Thanks

ChemAxon 5433b8e56b

16-07-2013 11:44:14

Hi Edith,

first of all, I am truly sorry for the late answer on this question.

When I started to test this first, I was not able to reproduce this issue, but I have used a different software to copy an skc format to the clipboard.

Finally I was able to try it out with MDL ISIS Draw 2.5 and it was not working with the 5.11.4 applet version in our archive section. I have set up a debug environment, and when I have found the cause, it turned out, we have fixed this behaviour in the 5.11.5 applet version. This is the only thing that have been changed in regarding the Marvin Applet itself, so I can suggest to update the applet if you can.

The notice about the bugfix mention the clipboard interaction between MarvinSketch, and Accelrys Draw, Symyx Draw, or ChemDraw, but the root cause was an issue inside the skc, and cdx format interpretation from clipboard, so it also stand for MDL ISIS Draw 2.5 too, as I have tested it 5.11.5 is working fine.

Unfortunatelly I can not offer a workaround for the issue, just the upgrade of the applet.

Regards,
Istvan