changing arc of graphical arrow

User 870ab5b546

30-04-2013 16:15:57

If a graphical arrow starts at an atom and ends in empty space, it is not possible to change the arc of the arrow.  When I click and hold on the center of the arrow and move the mouse, it's as if I have clicked and held on the arrow endpoint (the one not connected to the atom).  

ChemAxon 2c555f5717

03-05-2013 08:36:42

Dear Bob!

Please help me with the correct workflow, because I could not reproduce your problem:

1. I have placed an atom (an Oxygen) to the canvas

2. I have selected the curved arrow from graphical button group

3. I hav drawn a curved arrow from the atom and placed it in the open space of the canvas

4. I have changed to selection tool

5. I have clicled to the middle point of the arrow, and drag the mouse

It has changed the arc angle in my computer. What version of Marvin Sketch do you use?

Regards:
Balázs 

User 870ab5b546

03-05-2013 12:27:12

Ah!  I was using a graphical straight arrow.  When you anchor both ends of the graphical straight arrow to atoms, you can change the arrow from straight to curved.  When you anchor only one end of the arrow to an atom, then you can't change the arrow from straight to curved.  But I didn't realize you had added a graphical curved arrow (different from the electron-flow arrow), and yes, you can change its arc as you describe, so I can use the graphical curved arrow to draw fake electron-flow arrows.

ChemAxon 2c555f5717

03-05-2013 12:54:36

I am happy to help. :)