look and feel problem

User bf51d7e2a9

21-11-2005 05:43:35

I am using Marvin3.0 and have encountered this weird look and feel problem.

I am using the MarvinBeans in my application and had the look and feel set to a 3rd party look and feel. It have been working fine for quite a while. But recently I tried out MarvinView (through the webstart version) and change look and feel to "Motif" in the preference. Strangely, the look'n'Feel in my own application is changed to Motif as well even though it is completely independent from MarvinView application. Everytime I change the look and feel in MarinView, the look and feel in my own application gets changed accordingly.

Any suggestion on what is going on here? How can I get back my own 3rd party look and feel?

Thanks.

ChemAxon 7c2d26e5cf

21-11-2005 16:44:41

We have changed the look & feel policy. The "Skin" option in the Preferences menu and the "skin" parameter" are disabled in MSketchPane and MViewPane.

It means that Marvin will not overwrite the developer's look & feel settings if you use Marvin from API. The "Skin" menu will be available only in the Marvin applications and in the Marvin applets.

Please download 4.0.4pre1 version of Marvin Beans package where the new L&F policy is already available.

marvinbeans-4.0.4pre1.zip