Error with marvin.mytemplates on Mac OS 10.6.8

User 5ed24635b1

15-01-2013 03:00:26

Hi,

I have an issue. After clicking the icon of MarvinSketch it gives me an error: Error reading template set location: marvin.mytemplates. I read the previous thread and tried to create a text file with needed contents, but the problem wasnt solved. I also reinstalled it 3 times. Help will be appreciated.

Bests

Michael

ChemAxon 5433b8e56b

15-01-2013 11:06:47

Hi Michael,

can you send us also the stack trace from the dialog?

Thanks in advance,
Istvan

User 5ed24635b1

15-01-2013 16:40:09

Sure,

Here it is

chemaxon.marvin.sketch.templates.TemplateIOException: Error reading template set location: marvin.mytemplates
    at chemaxon.marvin.sketch.templates.TemplateSetLocation.createTemplateSet(TemplateSetLocation.java:229)
    at chemaxon.marvin.sketch.templates.TemplateSetLocation.getTemplateSet(TemplateSetLocation.java:198)
    at chemaxon.marvin.sketch.templates.TemplateLibrary.getTemplateSets(TemplateLibrary.java:148)
    at chemaxon.marvin.sketch.swing.templates.TemplateHandler.initClean2DTemplates(TemplateHandler.java:593)
    at chemaxon.marvin.sketch.swing.templates.TemplateHandler.initTemplateSets(TemplateHandler.java:239)
    at chemaxon.marvin.sketch.swing.templates.TemplateHandler.init(TemplateHandler.java:78)
    at chemaxon.marvin.sketch.swing.SketchPanel.molInit(SketchPanel.java:1095)
    at chemaxon.marvin.common.swing.MolPanel.init(MolPanel.java:625)
    at chemaxon.marvin.common.swing.MolPanel.setProperties(MolPanel.java:875)
    at chemaxon.marvin.sketch.swing.SketchPanel.setProperties(SketchPanel.java:1219)
    at chemaxon.marvin.beans.MarvinPane.setParams(MarvinPane.java:349)
    at chemaxon.marvin.beans.MarvinPane.init(MarvinPane.java:155)
    at chemaxon.marvin.beans.MSketchPane.<init>(MSketchPane.java:123)
    at chemaxon.marvin.beans.MSketchPane.<init>(MSketchPane.java:110)
    at chemaxon.marvin.Sketch.<init>(Sketch.java:176)
    at chemaxon.marvin.Sketch.main0(Sketch.java:630)
    at chemaxon.marvin.Sketch.main(Sketch.java:526)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
    at com.exe4j.runtime.LauncherEngine.launch(Unknown Source)
    at com.install4j.runtime.launcher.MacLauncher.main(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
    at apple.launcher.LaunchRunner.run(LaunchRunner.java:115)
    at apple.launcher.LaunchRunner.callMain(LaunchRunner.java:50)
    at apple.launcher.JavaApplicationLauncher.launch(JavaApplicationLauncher.java:52)

ChemAxon 2c555f5717

16-01-2013 13:29:34

Could you please make sure that in your home directory, ther is a .chemaxon folder, and in the .chemaxon folder you have marvin.mytemplates file with this content:

<?xml version="1.0"?><cml version="ChemAxon file format v5.10.0, generated by v5.11.5">
</cml>

The installer should make this folder and this file for you. Please inform me if it solves your problem or not.

Regards:
Balázs 

User 5ed24635b1

17-01-2013 06:49:49

I checked many times, the chemaxon folder is there but the file is not. What type of file should I create? Also the process is such: Programms>Chemaxon>MarvinBeans>many files and folders. Thanks

ChemAxon 2c555f5717

17-01-2013 14:03:42

You only need a simple text file called: marvin.mytemplates. You can also try to use this file: