System() call of standardize in WinXP

User b4993d8a3b

11-01-2008 03:42:47

I'm trying to call standardize from a C program via system() in WinXP:

system ("standardize b.mol -c hydrogenize..clean:3 -f sdf -o b_std.mol")

but nothing happens. If I save the same command to a z.bat file and call the .bat file with system("z.bat") I get the message "Program too big to fit in memory". But if I type 'z' at the command line it works ok.

I've also tried java -cp "c:\Progra~1\ChemAxon\JChem\lib\jchem.jar;%CLASSPATH%\" chemaxon.reaction.Standardizer ...

but the result is the same.

Could anyone help?

ChemAxon e08c317633

13-01-2008 17:50:35

mstrin wrote:
I'm trying to call standardize from a C program via system() in WinXP:

system ("standardize b.mol -c hydrogenize..clean:3 -f sdf -o b_std.mol")

but nothing happens.
Use

Code:
system ("standardize.bat b.mol -c hydrogenize..clean:3 -f sdf -o b_std.mol")

The command interpreter does not translate "standardize" to "standardize.bat" if it is passed to operating system by system() function, I think (note: the directory of "standardize.bat" has to be in the $PATH environmental variable of your system).
Quote:
If I save the same command to a z.bat file and call the .bat file with system("z.bat") I get the message "Program too big to fit in memory". But if I type 'z' at the command line it works ok.

I've also tried java -cp "c:\Progra~1\ChemAxon\JChem\lib\jchem.jar;%CLASSPATH%\" chemaxon.reaction.Standardizer ...

but the result is the same.

Could anyone help?
I can not reproduce the "Program too big to fit in memory" error. The following C code compiles and runs fine on my computer:

Code:
int main() {

system ("standardize.bat b.mol -c hydrogenize..clean:3 -f sdf -o b_std.mol");

}

I compiled it with MinGW compiler.

I think this problem is rather related to your compiler.

Regards,

Zsolt