...and find the lowest energy conformer

User 717c2fe15b

17-02-2006 09:10:00

Hello:

I should have mentioned in my last post that I would also like to use action strings with the standardizer to find the lowest energy conformer, starting with a 2D molecule. Is this automatically done using clean:full? However, as I posted before, use of ..clean:full.. does not convert a 2D mol file into a 3D one.

John

ChemAxon fb166edcbd

17-02-2006 16:41:17

3D clean tries to give the lowest energy conformer but it is not guaranteed. It gives a "local minimum" but it is not known whether it is also the global minimum or not. We have a clean option which increases the processing time but also increases the probability of finding the lowest energy conformer. Currently this option is not available in Standardizer but I will also add this in JChem 3.2.

User dc29f3beec

16-05-2011 16:18:27

In the latest version or JChem, what would be the steps to find the global minimum (lowest energy conformer) rather than the local minimum? The increase in processing time is not a concern.

Thanks,

Graham 

ChemAxon 1b9e90b2e7

18-05-2011 08:54:39

gwatts wrote:

In the latest version or JChem, what would be the steps to find the global minimum (lowest energy conformer) rather than the local minimum? The increase in processing time is not a concern.

Thanks,

Graham 

Hi Graham,

molconvert -H3D may help you. However the help lacks examples and thats why it may a bit hard to interpret. It will improve.

The

molconvert -3:[ca]{1}{50} mol test.smiles -o testCA.mol

command you need.

[ca] means conformational analysis

1 means save only the first and lowest energy conformer

50 means try to generate maximum 50 conformers.

User dc29f3beec

18-05-2011 17:00:52

Adrian,

This was exactly the command I was looking for. This is perfect. Thanks you very much for your help, I appreciate it very much.

Thanks,

Graham