new license keys needed

User 870ab5b546

01-09-2006 11:03:18

Hi folks,

We need new license keys for Marvin 4.1. Some of our users are getting requests for license keys when they display 3D structures. I'm also seeing it when I try to use some of the plugins.

-- Bob

ChemAxon b124dd5f17

01-09-2006 11:52:31

Hi Bob,

The complete keys are listed here. This area is only open to logged in users who have live academic package licenses.

User 870ab5b546

01-09-2006 12:02:09

Uh, you forgot to paste in the url.

ChemAxon b124dd5f17

01-09-2006 12:25:01

My bad, cheers Bob

User 870ab5b546

01-09-2006 12:41:12

Just to be clear: If I put the license keys in /root/.chemaxon/license.dat, and Tomcat is run by root, then any Marvin applet that is delivered by Tomcat will be able to see those license keys and shouldn't ever bother users for a license key. Correct?

And, if we do not access any class that is listed among the license keys, Marvin houldn't never ask a user for a license key. Correct?

ChemAxon e08c317633

01-09-2006 13:03:34

License keys are listed in the .chemaxon/licenses.dat (Unix) or chemaxon\licenses.dat (Windows) file under the user's home directory. License keys are automatically saved in this file when they are set by the license handler tool.

In case of a web application (e.g. JSP pages) the license file should be placed on the server side, the user home is the home directory of the user that runs (owns) the web server. If the web server runs as a system service under Windows the user home can be a system user home, which is sometimes difficult to determine. (It can be "c:\" or "c:\windows\system32\config\systemprofile\", etc.) To make setting the license keys easier, we provide a web-based (JSP) utility: <jchem_home>/util/license/setlicense.jsp. Load this page in a browser from your web server, and you can upload a specified license file from the client computer to the appropriate directory and file name on the server.

However, the license file should be placed on the client side in case of Marvin applets or web applications having embedded Marvin applets to access the plugin calculations.

User f52820d97e

01-09-2006 13:20:55

If can add my two-cent comment about the Marvin applets and the handling of licenses. That is actually not very convenient, since it is very tedious to install all the licenses in the users/client home directory so they can run the calculation plugins...

Cheers,

Nicolas

ChemAxon 9c0afc9aaf

01-09-2006 13:33:14

Hi,

There is a way that does not require the copying of license files to every client computer.

This is not public at the moment, you can contact us regarding this matter in e-mail if necessary at:

support _at_ chemaxon.com

Best regards,

Szilard

User 870ab5b546

01-09-2006 14:17:37

Zsolt wrote:
License keys are listed in the .chemaxon/licenses.dat (Unix) or chemaxon\licenses.dat (Windows) file under the user's home directory. License keys are automatically saved in this file when they are set by the license handler tool.

In case of a web application (e.g. JSP pages) the license file should be placed on the server side, the user home is the home directory of the user that runs (owns) the web server. If the web server runs as a system service under Windows the user home can be a system user home, which is sometimes difficult to determine. (It can be "c:\" or "c:\windows\system32\config\systemprofile\", etc.) To make setting the license keys easier, we provide a web-based (JSP) utility: <jchem_home>/util/license/setlicense.jsp. Load this page in a browser from your web server, and you can upload a specified license file from the client computer to the appropriate directory and file name on the server.

However, the license file should be placed on the client side in case of Marvin applets or web applications having embedded Marvin applets to access the plugin calculations.
Yes, yes, I read all that in your user's guide. But it contains information that appears to me to be contradictory. You say:

In case of a web application (e.g. JSP pages) the license file should be placed on the server side, the user home is the home directory of the user that runs (owns) the web server.

Then you say,

Here is my interpretation of what you say: If I expect users to call the plugins from Marvin, then they need license key files on their own computers. However, if the plugins are called by Java or jsp pages, then the license keys should be on the server side. Is that right?

And again: If the license is installed on the server side, and the user never tries to access the plugins, than they should never be asked for a license key. Is that right?

ChemAxon 9c0afc9aaf

01-09-2006 15:23:24

Quote:
Here is my interpretation of what you say: If I expect users to call the plugins from Marvin, then they need license key files on their own computers. However, if the plugins are called by Java or jsp pages, then the license keys should be on the server side. Is that right?
Yes.
Quote:
And again: If the license is installed on the server side, and the user never tries to access the plugins, than they should never be asked for a license key. Is that right?
Yes.

Regards,

Szilard

User 8c93b1d06c

22-05-2007 01:32:38

We need a license key for the Markush enumeration tool in Marvin 4.2.0.alpha for Academic package users.

ChemAxon b124dd5f17

22-05-2007 03:14:30

Hi,

I have added the IUPAC naming and Markush enumeration Plugin Keys to this thread.

Cheers/Alex

PS Nicholas - however having the license keys in your root directory does mean unlimited plugin calls for Marvin implementations you meet online ;)

User 8c93b1d06c

22-05-2007 23:10:55

Alex,

I tried adding the new license keys for IUPAC naming and Markush enumeration Plugins. The IUPAC naming key works fine. However, the Markush enumeration key fails with an invalid Key both in the graphical licensing handler and in the Marvin plugin. Can you check this key to make sure it is valid for Marvinbeans 4.2.0alpha7 ?

Thanks,

--Michael

ChemAxon e08c317633

23-05-2007 09:29:43

mdconnolly wrote:
I tried adding the new license keys for IUPAC naming and Markush enumeration Plugins. The IUPAC naming key works fine. However, the Markush enumeration key fails with an invalid Key both in the graphical licensing handler and in the Marvin plugin. Can you check this key to make sure it is valid for Marvinbeans 4.2.0alpha7 ?
You are right, the Markush enumeration plugin license key has changed (note: this plugin is not yet released). I have updated the listing of license keys.

Best regards,

Zsolt

User ab21762435

27-02-2008 19:29:26

Hello,

I was trying to use standardize 3.2.2 to mesomerize structures, but i recieved an error message telling me that i need a resonance plugin license key. Where can i get this license key

Thanks

Gonçalo

User ab21762435

27-02-2008 19:31:19

Hi,

I was trying to use standardize 3.2.2 to mesomerize structures, but i recieved an error message telling me that i need a resonance plugin license key. Where can i get this license key?

Thanks

Gonçalo

ChemAxon b124dd5f17

27-02-2008 19:37:20

HI Gonçalo,

See this thread for the latest key listing. Notice you will need to be logged in under the same username as your academic package application to access this page.

Notice also that when you move to Marvin/JChem 5 you will need a license file (new license key handling in the version 5), to get a license file you should revisit /resubmit your Academic Package application to request this. Please do update citations as these are needed to extend the academic package beyond 2 years for research purposes

Updating your application

To update your existing application please login to our forum and then visit this link. If you cannot recall your password or username please visit this link and provide either your username or the email address used to register - a new password and your username will be sent to you.