Tentative program

ChemAxon b124dd5f17

17-08-2004 08:08:51

The idea is to have a 2 day meeting with some dinner/banquet program on the evening of the first night

Each day will be the same.

The morning will be 20-30 minute presentations from existing users highlighting how they are using our tools, possibly with live demonstrations. These presentations will be requested from existing users and must be reviewed/selected for relevance (if we should have the luxury of too many;)) by participants stated interested and the Organising Committee (OG)

The afternoons will be workshops - the topics should be selected and grouped for each day. Gyuri Pirok has suggested that this be Marvin / JChem Base for one day and other discovery tools for other day, comments...

The event application form will ask participants stated interest (presentation and workshops) and this will fuel consideration (possibly a new forum thread?). for ChemAxon (CXN) the OG which should guide the final workshop (and presentation topic) final content

Comments...

ChemAxon b124dd5f17

16-09-2004 15:58:45

Dates

From an analysis of other events in May / June, feedback from first round interests and the public holiday situation we are proposing Thursday 19th and Friday 20th as the dates for the first UGM.

Although not yet fixed the location is looking like the Gellert Hotel on the bank of the Danube, close to the Castle district. More information http://www.danubiushotel.hu/hotels/hotel.php?id=13&lang=en

Any serious problems with these dates?

SUBJECT CLOSED - accepted

User 21b7e0228c

04-10-2004 13:46:22

I think [OK, I think, but it's the first time it happened to me today] one important thing to go through during the WorkShops is a systematic presentation of the API, to give beginners an overview in order to know where to attack the class jungle; I know we spent a hell lot of time in searching whether there's already a routine for doing a given thing (typical question - is there a class that retrieves a list associating to each atom its hybridization code?? - good question, actually, is there such class?? and if so, what's the format for the hydridization status?) A presentation citing the main classes and supported features may trigger a brainStorm, so people would like to jump into discussion and cite functionalities they'd adore to see dressed as a plug&play call in the API.