NMR License

User c1eed8df30

15-11-2011 21:12:34

The release of Jchem 5.7 has the NMR predictor. My current research license does not have the NMR available but my colleagues, who have registered shortly after the release of 5.7, have NMR access.

I have not published any papers in chemistry (I use this for the physics department in organic semiconductors for chemical drawing), so I cannot cite ChemAxon.

What can I do?

ChemAxon b124dd5f17

16-11-2011 05:37:00

HI,

Unfortunately we are not making NMR predictor available in the academic package at this time, iot is a beta and we are in validation just now and expect to include in the next major release (5.8).

Sorry for confusion

Cheers/Alex

User 43b9806e5c

16-01-2012 23:19:30

alexa wrote:

HI,

Unfortunately we are not making NMR predictor available in the academic package at this time, iot is a beta and we are in validation just now and expect to include in the next major release (5.8).

Sorry for confusion

Cheers/Alex

How about now, version 5.8 have been released. Is it possible this feature include in academic package? Indeed, I think it's wonderful if you can release the new license for it. If yes, I really want to know how can I get the new license?

Thanks

bsantoso

ChemAxon 0265132c1a

17-01-2012 09:49:12

Hi,

True we expected the NMR Predictor to be 100% ready by the new 5.8 release. We did not include the NMR Predictor into the academic license package because it runs in beta version - so far we couldn't find a training library which is large enough...

So, in short our answer is no, the 5.8 version does not include the NMR Predictor. I really hope that we can solve the training of the software very soon. If the NMR is finally ready for public release - we'll let our users know about it.

I hope you'll understand - and thanks for your interest in our tools,

Janos

User 43b9806e5c

17-01-2012 12:24:55

jfejervari wrote:

Hi,

True we expected the NMR Predictor to be 100% ready by the new 5.8 release. We did not include the NMR Predictor into the academic license package because it runs in beta version - so far we couldn't find a training library which is large enough...

So, in short our answer is no, the 5.8 version does not include the NMR Predictor. I really hope that we can solve the training of the software very soon. If the NMR is finally ready for public release - we'll let our users know about it.

I hope you'll understand - and thanks for your interest in our tools,

Janos

Thanks for your info, and good luck for the new tool, I do not know about "programing" but I only hope it will works as soon as possible.

Thanks again.

Broto

ChemAxon 0265132c1a

17-01-2012 13:00:41

Hi again,

Well , thanks for the kind words. Anyway if you want to see how the beta version works you can download the Marvin Suite 5.8 version - which has got NMR Predictor and NMR Spectrum Viewer implemented. You won't need extra license to use this feature (I think).

To read about it you can check the release notes: http://www.chemaxon.com/marvin/release-notes.html

And download the new marvin here: http://www.chemaxon.com/download/marvin/for-end-users/

Have a nice day,

Janos

User 8cb40c7a65

20-01-2012 12:29:38

Hello,

I just downloaded and installed version 5.8.0 and a fresh academic teaching license. When trying to run NMR prediction I get a "missing license" error. So, it seems you do need a license for this plugin.

Regards,

Jesper Wiklander

User 43b9806e5c

20-01-2012 20:24:24

Jesper_Karlsson wrote:

Hello,

I just downloaded and installed version 5.8.0 and a fresh academic teaching license. When trying to run NMR prediction I get a "missing license" error. So, it seems you do need a license for this plugin.

Regards,

Jesper Wiklander

Same with me today :(

User 25d107bd42

21-01-2012 11:55:08

Hi,

We are also very interested in the new NMR Predictor Marvin Plugins.

And I think, especially the academic users should test this new feature. They have a lot of different examples and the students could make exercises with it.

Kind regards, Hans-Ulrich

User b65da959cc

23-01-2012 14:20:24

I have just updated to the newest version of MarvinBeans (5.8).  The NMR Predictor is there, but doesn't work. It just displays a message about an invalid licence (see the attached screenshot). So it seems that a new Academic licencing is required to run this plugin. When we could expect it to be issued?

Anyway, Marvin becomes better and better with each issue. I really like this program and recommend it to my colleagues and students.

ChemAxon 0265132c1a

25-01-2012 12:56:31

Dear all,

Sorry for the relatively late reply - we had to talk through the NMR issue. That's true: you need a license for the NMR Predictor, it won't work without that.

We decided to add this plugin to the academic license because we got such a great interest in it.

However, please note that the NMR Predictor is in beta release; it is not trained properly, so be aware that the results might not be correct in the 5.8 release.

To renew your existing academic license please log-in to our website (with hte same username you applied for the academic license) and visit the My Licenses page. Follow the instructions on the page, download the new license and then install it.

Note that renewing your license does not mean that you get a new 2 years license.

Janos

User 25d107bd42

25-01-2012 13:28:20

Dear Janos,

we immediatley downloaded the new license file. But it doesn't work, see attached screenshot.

Best regards, Hans-Ulrich

ChemAxon 0265132c1a

25-01-2012 13:58:55

Dear Hans-Ulrich,

I think the trouble was that your license (the institution name "LMU München") included the "ü" as a special character. Probably the new license couldn't handle this character and that caused the error.

I corrected the institution name, so you can download your new teaching license again from the My Licenses page. I hope now it will work for you.

Let me know if something is still wrong there,

Janos

User 8cb40c7a65

25-01-2012 14:20:13

I downloaded the new license and it worked fine! Like you said, the module seems to need some more training. I have previously used the NMR-prediction in Mnova NMR and if this module can approach the performance of that I would be very happy.

On another note, is it possible to change my username here to Jesper_Wiklander?

User b65da959cc

25-01-2012 14:20:26

The new licence works OK. Now the NMR Predictor functions properly. It is a very good plugin, indeed. Thank you very much for a quick response. Well done!

User 25d107bd42

25-01-2012 14:27:02

Dear Janos,

it works !!! We tested it immediately: Ethanol 1H-NMR shows a triplet and a quartett.

Thank you very much.

ChemAxon 0265132c1a

25-01-2012 14:31:47

Dear all,

Thanks for the kind words! i'm glad that everything worked out well in the end.

>Jesper: Well, currently you cannot change your forum username... If you change it you won't be able to log-in again. We know that our current forum engine is not too flexible so we started to work on a new forum - I think within a month it will be ready (basically design work has to be done yet). The new forum will allow you to change your username. I hope you can live with your current name till then :)

Janos

User 431fcd0e20

26-01-2012 22:08:33

jfejervari wrote:

Dear Hans-Ulrich,

I think the trouble was that your license (the institution name "LMU München") included the "ü" as a special character. Probably the new license couldn't handle this character and that caused the error.

I corrected the institution name, so you can download your new teaching license again from the My Licenses page. I hope now it will work for you.

Let me know if something is still wrong there,

Janos

Hi Janos,

I am facing the same trouble that found Hans-Ulrich installing the updated license file that contains NMR prediction. I attach the snapshot that I get.

You mentioned that the main trouble was the institution name (in my case "Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona") includes the "ò". Although I modified the institution name on the license.cxl file, it isn't working.

What could I do? Where should I change the institution name? 

Thanks a lot!!!!!

Cristina

ChemAxon 0265132c1a

27-01-2012 10:42:47

Hi Cristina,

Well - I'm not sure what is the trouble in your case. I checked your licenses and none of them had special character. Anyway I renewed your license, deleted some expired license so you can see the new license on the top of your list on the My Licenses page.

I hope that the license just couldn't handle your overwriting and that's why it didn't work.

Right now what you have to do is 1. log-in, 2. go to the My Licenses page 3. Download and install again the new license - which is on the top and 4. Let's hope it is working.

If not then I'm afraid I won't be able to help you - and you have to post your issue to the forum's licensing part.

Have a great day,

Janos

User 25d107bd42

28-01-2012 08:37:21

Dear Janos,

before three days you corrected my license file having the "München" problem. Comparing the two files I found, the former file had "... more 38 products..." and now the new one has "... more 37 products ...". The line concerning "IUPAC naming" is now missing. But the calculation tool "Preferred IUPAC name" works. What's the reason to omit this line ?

ChemAxon 0265132c1a

31-01-2012 09:38:23

Dear Hans-Ulrich,

You are right - we removed the IUPAC naming row from the license file because it was the old name of our naming capabilities (about 10 years old - so probably nobody uses that by now).

It is only the names of the tools that changed - it does not mean that you have less options now with the license.

Janos

User 25d107bd42

31-01-2012 10:51:01

Dear Janos,

thank you for your detailed answer.

User b8818673e0

03-06-2013 20:50:39

Hi there, 

I am aslo having the same problem with my licenses and I'm not sure what I am doing wrong. I have downloaded it and so forth but I keep getting these errors. 

I would greatly appreciate your help. 

ChemAxon 0265132c1a

04-06-2013 07:56:01

Dear Sheryl,

Well, you have just an extra flip in your case: You have more licenses and that makes you confused I think. If you log-in to our website, and then visit the My Licenses page, you'll see 4 licenses. 3 of them are evaluation licenses (2 of them still valid). And then you have one Academic Research license which will expire in 2015.

Your Academic Research license might have not worked properly so far because it had the München with the special 'ü' character in the institution's name there. I corrected this license, now it should work for you.

The screenshot you attached to this forum post is about one of your evaluation licenses - which you didn't install yet, at least it seems like that.

What I would do if I were you:

1. Remove all the ChemAxon licenses from your computer, because they just disturb each other, and you cannot be sure which is the correct one...

2. Then go to the My Licenses page, download and install the Academic Research license.

3. Just neglect the evaluation licenses, your Academic Research license is more powerful. It includes everything the evaluation licenses include.

4. If you wanted to upgrade to our new 6.0 version; then your existing Academic Research license will work. It runs with all future versions. You just have to download the 6.0 tools from our website, and your old license will work with that.

I hope that was helpful, and you can use your licenses after this guide-line.

Have a nice day,

Janos