COPY to Citus distributed table error

User da0aec4855

25-08-2016 15:15:38

Hello, 

I tried to COPY data into a citus distributed postgres table, but got following error at the end :

======================================

ERROR:  incorrect binary data format

DETAIL:  (null)

======================================

Table description : jchem_mol(inchi_key text, smiles molecule('sample'), cpx real);

COPY jchem_mol FROM 'xxx.csv' (FORMAT CSV);

Confirmed that the same COPY command can success on a non-distributed table, so I guess the problem might be with citus.

Thanks,

William

ChemAxon a202a732bf

26-08-2016 08:46:20

Hi William,

In Citus version 5.1 we also experienced problems with COPY. We advice you to try the 

copy_to_distributed_table

command line import tool of Citus described here.

Best regards,

Zsuzsa

User f1455aa372

23-09-2016 17:49:01

zszabo wrote:

In Citus version 5.1 we also experienced problems with COPY. We advice you to try the 

Hey all,

I'm a developer at Citus Data and came across your post. We think the issue you're encountering is related to a COPY bug, fixed as of Citus 5.2.

Because COPY is much faster than copy_to_distributed_table, we recommend upgrading to Citus 5.2. We recently streamlined our installation process; see more here.

N.B. — Citus 5.2 drops support for PostgreSQL 9.4, so you'll need to upgrade to PostgreSQL 9.5 if you haven't already.

ChemAxon a202a732bf

26-09-2016 08:19:29

Hi Jason!

Thank you very much for the notification, it is very kind of you. We will try it.

Best regards,

Zsuzsanna

User 6baabcf48d

29-09-2016 00:28:33

jason _at_ citusdata.com wrote:

zszabo wrote:

Hey all,

I'm a developer at Citus Data and came across your post. We think the issue you're encountering is related to a COPY bug, fixed as of Citus 5.2.

Because COPY is much faster than copy_to_distributed_table, we recommend upgrading to Citus 5.2. We recently streamlined our installation process; see more here.

N.B. — Citus 5.2 drops support for PostgreSQL 9.4, so you'll need to upgrade to PostgreSQL 9.5 if you haven't already.

Hello,

I did used Citus 5.2, and this issue only happens on tables which has JChem molecule type field.

My solution is create a distributed table with normal text field first, then COPY csv files, then alter the field to JChem molecule type, it can work

Regards,

William

ChemAxon abe887c64e

30-09-2016 11:45:29

Hi William,

Thank you for the information.

Best regards,

Krisztina