Very slow installation

User 73febbef3a

12-08-2013 15:59:36

Not sure why, the but the last several updates (I'm now using 6.0.4) have installed very very slowly on my Windows XP machine. Install took 15-20 minutes. Also noticed that this installation creates a new folder labeled "Documents" on my main C: drive containing two log files. Not cool. Please don't clutter up my hard drive!

ChemAxon b62f37c21a

12-08-2013 18:05:34

Hello,

We are sorry for the inconvenience this may caused.

Do you use some real-time antivirus protection? For example, on our XP test machine we have Microsoft Security Essentials, and while the Real-time protection was enabled the machine was very slow. After I disabled it the installer finished within 8 minutes on a 1-CPU 2.4GHz virtual machine.

What Windows XP do you use? (Right click on My Computer, Properties)
Our test machine has XP Professional Version 2002 Service Pack 3.

Regarding the Document folder: this is a bug in our installer, and it seems to be XP-specific. The path of the log file was resolved incorrectly.

Best regards,
Gabor Vasko

ChemAxon b47cbbf1b6

14-08-2013 13:15:34

Hello!

The issue with the "C:\Documents" folder on Windows XP has been resolved and the solution will be included in the next release (6.0.5). And the speed problem will be investigated as well.

Thank you for reporting it!

Best Regards,
  Akos Fabian

User e8cc2205a9

19-08-2016 09:51:34

hello..... m also facing same problem like slow installation its takes more time to  install each software like  Belgravia villas to my system please suggest me ..how to slove this problem...???