Configurable data during registration

User a4aa805ca5

28-04-2014 18:12:39

The user manual mentions the capability to customize/extend some of the data fields on the Registration page (https://docs.chemaxon.com/display/compoundregistration/Autoregistration).  I had a couple of questions related to custom fields during registration:

(1) I'm assuming the regCustomFields.properties is part of how to configure the existing field values.  Is there specific documentation about how to do the configuration mentioned, e.g. syntax for specifying drop-down values? If so, could you provide a link?

(2) Can we add additional fields we would like to include to be stored during the registration process?

ChemAxon 4a17fb4c5c

28-04-2014 20:03:07

jason.smith wrote:

The user manual mentions the capability to customize/extend some of the data fields on the Registration page (https://docs.chemaxon.com/display/compoundregistration/Autoregistration).  I had a couple of questions related to custom fields during registration:

(1) I'm assuming the regCustomFields.properties is part of how to configure the existing field values.  Is there specific documentation about how to do the configuration mentioned, e.g. syntax for specifying drop-down values? If so, could you provide a link?

(2) Can we add additional fields we would like to include to be stored during the registration process?

(1) - (2): The regCustomFields.properties file contains the definition of the additional DB fields that you have in the PREPARATION table. If you already have an existing database then I would suggest to populate the list of these custom fields as you wish (expected format: COLUMN_NAME=Label, data type) and also create the additional columns in the DB manually with the same parameters. (If the prop file existed before the RegistryCxn run, then these columns would be created by the tool.)

The configuration of the additional fields on the Registration page though is a different issue. Whatever is configured on the Registration page as an input field with the appropriated settings, that's going to be added to the structure as a set of additional data. If the same data fields are configured to be stored in the PREPARATION table by chance, then they will be stored in the DB. Otherwise visualized in Staging area when the structure has to be reviewed, but dropped afterwards (except for the downstream JMS message creation).

In the 6.2 series of the application these settings can be adjusted within the file RegistryCxn/client/settings.json. This file contains a "Registration page settings" section with a detailed description included. In the upcoming 6.3 version all the configuration items are moved to the parameters table within the DB. This particular entry has to be mapped into the registration.clientConfig / RegistrationFields entry.

22-05-2016 11:25:45

thanks