Default Parameter Values during Deployment with RegistryCxn

User a4aa805ca5

25-04-2014 19:48:41

I am trying to setup a new Oracle database instance for Compound Registration on a different server using the RegistryCxn tool, and I notice that no entries in the PARAMETER table are specified.  

Do I need to manually insert all of my configurations manually, or can/should RegistryCxn setup some defaults? 

ChemAxon 1c5962da67

28-04-2014 07:48:16

Hi Jason, 

The same tool that creates the database schema should also populate the parameters table. 

I just have a few questions...

Which version of the compreg system are you using?

When you run the database setup tool, are there any exceptions in the log following the "Inserting initial configuration data..." statement?

The database setup tool just loads and calls some sql files. If it's not finding them for some reason on your system, we can send them to you and you can run them manually. 

User a4aa805ca5

28-04-2014 16:01:48

Thanks for the information,  I double checked the log I captured with tee and saw an 'Error while inserting initial data.' line.  I reran the tool and saw the full error output with exception go to stderr, the problem was an Oracle configuration problem -  not enough open cursors.  After increasing that value everything worked as expected.  

Thanks!