Is InChIKey export available only for licensed users?

User 59e6125de2

12-02-2017 19:11:00

Greetings,

I was wondering if anybody could be so kind to tell me whether a molecule's InChIKey export is only working for users who had bought the MarvinJS license, or is it just me having troubles? I have freely downloaded the marvinjs zip package and successfully installed it on my server, and also connected it to my site with all cross-origin policy stuff settled. Now when I try to get the InChIKey of a drawn molecule (which is actually just a basic benzene one) it tells me the following: Molecule export failed:Class$S45: Unsupported formatinchikey.

Although I know that it is possible – I tried connecting to the MarvinJS demo on the ChemAxon site with the same code and CORS disabled in my browser, and the export worked like a charm – I was able to get a string which looked like this: InChIKey=<...>.

So my question is: do I have to acquire a MarvinJS license to be able to export a user-drawn molecule's InChIKey? Or maybe someone would be so kind to help me sort this out?

By the way, if purchasing is the only way, can anyone please tell me how this process works? I have read something regarding this topic on the main ChemAxon site, but unfortunately didn't quite get it as there were so many options available to choose from! My project is a research-purpose only, btw, possibly growing to a non-commercial one.

Thank you very much in advance!

Best regards,

Maxim Shevelev

Kazan Federal University. 

ChemAxon f052bdfe3c

14-02-2017 17:11:55

Hello Maxim,

It is great that you managed Marvin JS to work. Yes, both Marvin JS and InChIKey export needs Marvin JS license, however your project might be eligible for Free web license or Academic license. My colleagues will contact you soon.

Best regards,

Efi

User 59e6125de2

15-02-2017 14:24:16

Hello Efi,

Thank you very much for your answer! Looking forward to hearing from them with great anticipation.

Best regards,

Maxim Shevelev

Kazan Federal University.