exportStructure and IE10

User fe7a5c7c48

08-12-2015 13:43:05

Hi,

I'm using

marvinSketcherInstance.exportStructure("mrv").then(function(source){}

to retrieve a structure from a Marvin JS instance before closure of the editor. This works fine when we don't include the webservices. It also works with the webservices using IE 11, Firefox and Chrome.

IE 10 however, returns nothing. Debugging into the javascript above suggests we never enter the 'then' function, although there is an exportStructure function available (ie it's not undefined).

Is this a known limitation or is there something I'm missing?

thanks

Actually I've just realised that this is not related to the webservices. IE10 doesn't return a structure even with the services not invoked. I'll try and get the post moved to a more appropriate forum.

ChemAxon f052bdfe3c

08-12-2015 15:28:38

Hello Nick,

We could not reproduce this issue. What kind of OSX do you have and which MarvinJS version?

Could you open the following example, please and let us know whether this is working on IE10 for you?

https://marvinjs-demo.chemaxon.com/latest/examples/demo.html

I am looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,

Efi

User fe7a5c7c48

08-12-2015 16:40:12

Hi Efi,

The MarvinJS is version is 15.6.1 and I'm using Windows 7.

I'm using an ExtJS window with the editor embedded in it (coming from Index.aspx) . I have a 'beforeclose' listener on the window which takes the structure out of the MarvinJS instance and feeds this (potentially) modified structure back to the originating compound dialog.

The link you sent does work, in that if I export from the toolbar button it does export a structure and it is the correct one. This is, however, true in my setup too.

I can export and import mrv format structures from the viewer using the GUI, but not when I do it programmatically using the exportStructure("mrv").then(function(source){}

All the other browsers seem fine. I've put a breakpoint inside the 'then function' and using IE10 it never hits, whereas it does for all the other browsers This makes me wonder if it's something to do with the promise object and how IE10 deals (or doesn't) with it. Unfortunately the minified versions of the files are not easy to debug.

thanks

Nick

ChemAxon 7c2d26e5cf

11-12-2015 13:52:07

Hi Nick,

I suggest you upgrade to the latest version of Marvin JS.

A promise related issue has been fixed in September.

https://docs.chemaxon.com/display/products/History+of+Changes+-+Marvin+JS