Mulitple domains installing MarvinJS and webservices

User 956e0ca334

23-04-2015 14:19:41

Hi there,

We run 10 different sites all on the same tomcat server.  There are two identical servers holding these sites behind a F5 loadbalancer.  We are just switching from applets to marvin JS.   We have been having some major issues getting the CORS filter to work behind the load balancer.

I have just run an experiment, where I have loaded the MarvinJS and webservices2 site under each domain:

e.g.

ccd.chemistry.com/MarvinJS

ccd.chemistry.com/webservices2

dod.chemistry.com/MarvinJS

dod.chemistry.com/webservices2

I have just run some tests and it all seems to be working fine, and obviously no cross origin issues.  Is there any reason we should not proceed with this solution?  We only use the webservices for MarvinJS.

Many thanks,

Megan

ChemAxon 13811e1703

28-04-2015 10:16:47

Hi Megan,

Currently there is a limitation in JChem Web Service, that multiple instances cannot be deployed with the same user on the same machine, because of the application database (which is a filesystem based Apache Derby).

If I understand correctly, your setup is using only 1 instance of the apllication, mapped on multiple url-s. I assume you are using some kind of reverse proxy for this. If  you want to use ssl, these headers must be forwarded to the application server:

(In the case of Tomcat, RemoteIpValve configuration is required as described here: https://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/api/org/apache/catalina/valves/RemoteIpValve.html)

For testing if everything is working fine, please try the export functionality in MarvinJs with some binary format (e.g CDX), if that is ok, then you probably won't need any additional configuration.

Regards,
Peter