should I worry about 404 error?

User 870ab5b546

01-12-2014 13:34:54

Whenever I load a page with MarvinJS, I get this error in the console:

[Error] Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) (jquery.min.map, line 0)

It doesn't appear to affect performance. Should I worry? I don't see jquery.min.map among the resources included with MarvinJS. I do see jquery-1.9.1.min.js, and I already load that into the Web page.

ChemAxon 7c2d26e5cf

04-12-2014 20:07:26

The Marvin JS API does not depend from JQuery. But our examples refer the JQuery API since they demonstrates how can you integrate the product in JQuery environment.

The jquery.min.map file is the source map for the minified version of JQuery library.

The lack of this file does not effect the proper working of our examples.

Normally, the browser does not require the source map for the bundled code (jquery.min.map for jquery.min.js). When you debug a JS code in the debugger tool of the browser, the debugger may offer to bind the source map for the running code.

If the debugger does not find the desired source map, a warning may be printed to the console.

Unless you do debug your minified jQuery via the original sources (instead of minified/obfuscated one), you do not need its source map.

User 870ab5b546

04-12-2014 21:17:17

OK, so I don't need to worry about the 404 error. Is there a way to stop the code from displaying the 404 error in the console?

ChemAxon 7c2d26e5cf

08-12-2014 11:16:09

It is not a Marvin JS specific issue. Many JQuery users can face with this problem.

You will get several hints for the "jquery min map not found" query on Internet. They suggest a couple of ways how to eliminate the warning.

I also recommend to check the JQuery site. This problem is also described there and they also give tips how to resolve it.

http://jquery.com/download/

User 870ab5b546

08-12-2014 13:39:18

Thanks. For anyone else reading this, the solution is to delete this second line from js/lib/jquery-1.9.1.min.js:

//@ sourceMappingURL=jquery.min.map