pseudoatom alias formatting

User 870ab5b546

09-11-2014 02:47:40

Well, I found a workaround for MarvinJS's lack of textboxes. All I needed was the ability to place numbers 1, 2, ... on the canvas. I found that I could create a pseudoatom with the alias of 1, 2, ... and place it on the canvas. Then, on the back end, I look for one-atom molecules in which the atom is a pseudoatom. 

Obviously this workaround is not ideal, for several reasons. One of them is that the alias is automatically subscripted, making it smaller than the atom labels and harder to read. Is there a way to turn off the subscripting? Really, numbers should be subscripted only when they follow letters anyway.

I also note that space characters in an alias are omitted in the drawing. Any reason for that? If not, it would be nice to show the space characters as well, so that we can display phrases on the MarvinJS canvas.

Anyway, this workaround will do for now, but I'd still like to get the textboxes.

ChemAxon f052bdfe3c

10-11-2014 10:12:32

I am glad that you have a workaround which work in the most urgent cases. And I agree that the text box is quite important in Marvin JS, when we can find the time, we will develop it.

Best regards,

Efi

User 870ab5b546

10-11-2014 14:11:23

Can you answer the questions about the formatting of the pseudoatoms' aliases that I asked above?

ChemAxon 76c88f5366

19-11-2014 15:08:58

Dear Bob,

In aliases and the names of pseudo atoms, the numbers (and only the numbers) are subscripted and this feature cannot be turned off.

Best Regards,

Eszter