radicals

User 870ab5b546

28-10-2014 16:12:19

I would like to see a radical toggle button added to all of the toolbars, or at least the education and reporting ones. It can be a toggle between monovalent and none. It would be much faster than going through the Atom Properties dialog. I see that it's possible to add a custom button, but there doesn't appear to be any way to be able to use that button to modify atom properties by clicking on specific atoms, or by selecting an atom and then clicking on the button.

For divalent or higher radicals, we can continue to use the Atom Properties dialog. But this brings up another problem: The Atom Properties dialog does not have any radical options other than monovalent and none. Are you planning to add at least divalent radicals to the options?

ChemAxon f052bdfe3c

30-10-2014 17:07:29

"For divalent or higher radicals, we can continue to use the Atom Properties dialog. But this brings up another problem: The Atom Properties dialog does not have any radical options other than monovalent and none. Are you planning to add at least divalent radicals to the options?"

Yes, we are planning to add divalent radical, it is in our to do list.

" would like to see a radical toggle button added to all of the toolbars, or at least the education and reporting ones. It can be a toggle between monovalent and none. It would be much faster than going through the Atom Properties dialog. I see that it's possible to add a custom button, but there doesn't appear to be any way to be able to use that button to modify atom properties by clicking on specific atoms, or by selecting an atom and then clicking on the button."

Unfortunately, currently  we cannot fulfil this request. Our tool bars are quite crowded already. I keep it on mind if we find a suitable GUI solution for this problem. 

User 870ab5b546

30-10-2014 20:45:35

Can you at least add a radical toggle button to the education toolbar? Then, when you allow developers to customize the different toolbars, it will be available for people to add to other toolbars if they want.

User 870ab5b546

06-11-2014 13:54:31

I would like to ask you to reconsider your response. For one thing, the toolbars aren't that crowded. For another, eventually customers will be able to customize them anyway. For another, the contextual menu, which is currently the only way to introduce a radical, is clunky and slow and confusing to students. If I draw a radical mechanism in MarvinJS, I have to pull up the contextual menu for every single atom that bears a radical, which is a royal pain in the butt. For drawing a single radical, the awkwardness of the contextual menu is not a big deal, but for drawing a radical mechanism, it is.

I have been working with ChemAxon for almost 15 years now. I think that my advice to you over the years has helped you create a better product. Often you have resisted my suggestions at first, then later realized that I was right. Please heed me.

By the way, the same goes for the textbox feature that I and others have requested.

ChemAxon f052bdfe3c

19-11-2014 10:54:34

You can select all of the atoms in question and add the radicals at once via atom property menu.

About the original request I wrote you an email.

Efi