toolbar and button options

User 870ab5b546

28-10-2014 15:46:33

Hi, I'm unable to load a different toolbars style into Marvin4JS. Here is our code for loading Marvin4JS, which works fine:

var bld = new String.builder(). // Javascript analog of a StringBuilder
append('<iframe id="').append(appletName).
append('" class="sketcher-frame" ' +
'src="\/nosession\/marvin4JS\/editorws.html" ' +
'style="min-width:').
append(panelWidth).append('px; min-height:').append(panelHeight).
append('px; overflow:hidden; border:1px solid darkgray;" \/><\/iframe>');
var iframe = bld.toString();
setInnerHTML(appletName + 'Cell', iframe);

$(document).ready(function handleDocumentReady(e) {
getMarvinPromise('#' + appletName).done(function (sketcherInstance) {
marvinSketcherInstance = sketcherInstance;
marvinSketcherInstance.setDisplaySettings({
'carbonLabelVisible': getCVisibilityM4JS(qFlags),
'implicitHydrogen': getHVisibilityM4JS(qFlags),
'valenceErrorVisible': getValenceErrorVisibleM4JS(qFlags),
'atomIndicesVisible': false,
'lonePairsVisible': getLonePairsVisibleM4JS(qFlags),
/* 'chiralitySupport': getRSLabelsVisibleM4JS(qFlags), */
'atomMapsVisible': getAtomMappingM4JS(qFlags),
'chiralFlagVisible': true,
'cpkColoring': true
});
marvinSketcherInstance.importStructure(null, mol);
}).fail(function () {
alert('Cannot retrieve sketcher instance from iframe.');
});
});

So I added a data-toolbars attribute to the iframe tag as follows, with absolutely no effect:

append('" class="sketcher-frame" ' +
'src="\/nosession\/marvin4JS\/editorws.html" ' +
'data-toolbars="reporting" ' +
'style="min-width:').

I then tried adding the following two lines before the importStructure() line, in the function (sketcherInstance)  bloc:

marvinSketcherInstance.attr('data-toolbars', 'reporting');
marvinSketcherInstance[0].contentWindow.location.reload(true);

But I got a Javascript error, "undefined is not a function", referring to the first new line above. I then tried changing marvinSketcherInstance to $('#' + appletName) in these two lines, and the sketcher then reloaded repeatedly, but always with the standard toolbars. Any advice?

Also, you have an example of how to add a custom button to a toolbar, but you don't show how to add one of your preexisting buttons to a toolbar. I would like to add the rectangle/ellipse button in the reporting toolbar to the education toolbar. (Actually, I would prefer to have just the rectangle.) Any advice on this task as well?

ChemAxon 7c2d26e5cf

29-10-2014 15:38:55

Hi Bob,

As it is described in our online examples there are two ways to setup the toolbar layout:

#1: define data-toolbars attribute in the iframe of the sketcher: evaluated in construction of the sketcher

#2: set it via setDisplaySettings(settings): accessible after sketcher is constructed.

If you prefer #1, set the data-toolbars attribute on iframe before insert it into the page.

If you would like to update toolbar layout after sketcher is ready, use

marvinSketcherInstance.setDisplaySettings( { 'toolbars': 'reporting') });

Please, see the linking examples:

https://marvinjs-demo.chemaxon.com/latest/examples/example-toolbars.html

https://marvinjs-demo.chemaxon.com/latest/examples/example-toolbars_with_displaysettings.html

In current Marvin JS API, there is no option to add preexisting button to the toolbar. Only you can choose among preexisting toolbar presets.

We are planning extended customization of toolbars but it is not implemented yet.

User 870ab5b546

29-10-2014 15:54:58

Tamas wrote:

As it is described in our online examples there are two ways to setup the toolbar layout:

#1: define data-toolbars attribute in the iframe of the sketcher: evaluated in construction of the sketcher

I tried this, as I noted above. It did not work for me; the default toolbar was loaded. Maybe it was because I was using innerHTML to insert the iframe?

Tamas wrote:

#2: set it via setDisplaySettings(settings): accessible after sketcher is constructed.

If you would like to update toolbar layout after sketcher is ready, use

marvinSketcherInstance.setDisplaySettings( { 'toolbars': 'reporting') });

Ah, this works well. I can incorporate it into my existing setDisplaySettings() command.

I was trying to follow the example of the code on the bottom of https://marvinjs-demo.chemaxon.com/latest/examples/example-toolbars.html, which didn't work, but I didn't see that https://marvinjs-demo.chemaxon.com/latest/examples/example-toolbars_with_displaysettings.html had an alternative.

If I can't add preexisting buttons, can I hide them? If not, I'd like to request that feature, as well.

ChemAxon 7c2d26e5cf

29-10-2014 16:33:23

Hi Bob,

There is a known issue with Sketch.setDisplaySettings(settings). When you update settings via this method, it resets previously set toolbars settings. Unless you give the toolbars property at each setDisplaySettings request, the standard will be restored.

marvinsketcherInstance.setDisplaySettings({ 'toolbars': 'reporting', 'carbonLabelVisible': true });

We will fix this bug very soon.

In your original code, I found this:

marvinSketcherInstance[0].contentWindow.location.reload(true);

In our example, you can find this:

$("#sketch")[0].contentWindow.location.reload(true);

The marvinSketcherInstance object is not a JQuery object. It is just a JS object that has methods to control the editor. In our example, we refer to the iframe of the editor with a JQuery selector: $("#sketch")[0]

We plan to improve the customization of the toolbar. You are not the only one who miss this feature.

User 07b6529799

26-10-2015 10:31:08

Hi Tamas,

I wonder if you have made any progress towards options to customize toolbars in Marvin JS for the past year.

I am particularly interested in the option to selectively enable/hide preexisting buttons. For example, I would like to be able to display "Any atom" button on Atom toolbar while keeping "Reaxys Group Generics" button hidden. With the available toolbar presets it seems to be impossible - please let me know if workaround already exists.

This request is entirely in line with your earlier discussion with Bob.

ChemAxon 76c88f5366

27-10-2015 15:19:39

Hi,

Good timing!  We are working on the toolbar customization, currently.

After the release, you will be able to select the tools (their type, their position and also whether you would like to organize these into a combo-box, or not) in the editor. 

Would you like us to send you a reminder when the release containing this feature is out?

Best regards,
Eszter

User 07b6529799

03-11-2015 13:58:21

Hi Eszter,

yes, please send me a reminder when you will have this feature released. Your description looks promising and I hope that it will work nicely.
Thank you!

Regards,
Edgars

ChemAxon 7c2d26e5cf

29-12-2015 08:59:20

Of course we will inform you when the feature is released.