Electron flow arrows from bonds, unable to specify polarity

User 44bb556150

07-10-2014 22:24:11

Electron flow arrows are supported in MarvinJS, but not completely functional as they were in MarvinSketch.

Specific issue which will prevent their proper use is that when an arrow comes out of a bond, there must polarity implied with the arrow to be non-ambiguous.  There must be a way to represent which end of the bond the arrow favors.

Attached image shows drawing an arrow from a C=O double bond to a proton.  There does not appear to a way to designate whether the implied bond that should be created with the arrow should remain connected to the C or O of the double bond.  The image on the right shows the result where it seems to force me to select the implied new bond (dashed line) connecting to the C when I want the O.

The MarvinSketch Java applet allowed specification of either polarity based on the relative location of where you placed your cursor when creating the arrow.

ChemAxon f052bdfe3c

14-10-2014 14:45:29

Sorry for the late reply. Do you mean the case in the picture bellow? Please just click into the arrow one more time (it is a third position.) Please let me know if it is not the case which you want to achieve or the third click does not work in your environment. 

Thank you,

Efi

User 44bb556150

14-10-2014 16:45:56

Ah, I see.  This is a different interface design than MarvinSketch which was based on position.  Multiple clicking of the arrow does change the polarity.

Thank you,

Jonathan