Importing structures in Chemdraw format to Marvin 4JS

User ec47cc00a1

22-08-2014 00:22:31

In the full version of Marvin, there is an option to copy/paste directly from Chemdraw. This does not seem possible with the Marvin4JS import tool- there is no Chemdraw format available. Am I missing something? Is this a roadmap item for a future release?

Thank you!

Anna

ChemAxon f052bdfe3c

27-08-2014 17:33:14

Hi Anna,

There is no direct copy/paste between Chemdraw and Marvin JS, however there are certain ways that you can open your structure which was created in Chemdraw in MarvinJS. You can copy the structure as a SMILES from Chemdraw or as a Mol file and these can be pasted into the Marvin JS canvas directly. The other solution is saving your structure in cdx format (ChemDraw native format) into your file system and using `open file` option in Marvin JS (it is on the import dialog).

Please do not hesitate to ask if any further question arises. 

Regards,

Efi

User cee97397c3

16-11-2016 05:03:04

Does the latest Marvin JS support copy/paste from ChemDraw now?  if not, when can we have this important feature?

ChemAxon 76c88f5366

16-11-2016 09:21:54

Dear Charlie,

CDX format copy/pasting is not possible is Marvin JS, and I am afraid that this feature is out of our hands.
The reason is the following: as Marvin JS is a browser component, browser security restrictions are also applied for the editor.

The problem is that browsers do not let copying or pasting binary formats because of security reasons. ChemDraw's native copy format (CDX) is binary, that is why it is restricted by the browser itself.

However there are more than one workarounds available. For example: saving the file then drag&drop to Marvin JS canvas, or copying the structure as text (Copy As).

For details and workarounds, please visit our documentation: 
https://docs.chemaxon.com/display/docs/Marvin+JS+FAQ

This forum thread may also be interesting for you: 
https://www.chemaxon.com/forum/ftopic15679.html

I hope this will help. If more questions arise, please let us know.

Best regards,
Eszter