Disable chemical reaction support

User 7c93c0ac59

19-05-2014 22:58:09

Hi,

Thank you for including fixes for the R group searching and the Chrome right click issues as well as removing InChiKey as an import format in 6.3.

The support for reactions added to 6.3 is bringing in 3 new icons and several import/export formats. Our application does not require / allow users to draw reactions making those icons and formats unnecessary and potentially confusing for our users.

Is there a way to disable reaction support and remove/hide those icons and import/export formats?

Thanks,

David

User 7c93c0ac59

19-05-2014 23:45:00

Alright, I found the data-toolbars="markush" attribute example at https://marvinjs-demo.chemaxon.com/latest/examples/example-toolbars_with_displaysettings.html. That is nice.

Only thing is that it does not disable the extra import/export formats.

Could this be extended to filter the file formats as well?

Thanks,

David

ChemAxon f052bdfe3c

20-05-2014 13:24:54

Hi David,

I am glad that "Markush" setting works for you. Unfortunately, there is no way - currently- to eliminate the new formats from the list.  I put  this request into our issue tracking system, but cannot promise any deadline.

Best Regards,

Efi

User 249192efae

17-06-2014 15:22:05

David,

If you are interested, we added some JavaScript to our app to hide buttons.

You could see an example of the "read-only" page here: http://chem.sis.nlm.nih.gov/chemidplus/structure/viewer/93-14-1

The script we use to hide buttons is in marvin4js.js - lines 126-161

It works with 6.1.3 but might need to be adjusted for the latest Marvin4js.

-Michael

User 7c93c0ac59

17-06-2014 15:50:06

Thanks for sharing Michael. The data-toolbars attribute works well for our main use case but I will keep this in mind.

Nice take on a "read-only" version. We are also interested in a viewer version of Marvin4JS (similar to MarvinView). What you have implemented has the right chrome though it would be great if we could disable all non-icon based edit capabilities (keyboard shortcuts, right-click contextual menus...).

User 249192efae

18-06-2014 14:29:42

I agree that a real read-only version would be much better. Mine merely discourages it as an indication that we don't do anything with any edits. Or at least it tries not to encourage editing.

ChemAxon f052bdfe3c

19-06-2014 15:32:13

Would you like a read only version? Or would you like to rotate/zoom the molecule (rotate 2D/3D  changes the coordinates of the molecules ) or be able to change the display options? For example: have "Ball & Stick mode", change "implicit hydrogen visibility"?

Best Regards,

Efi

User 249192efae

19-06-2014 15:39:34

For our purposes, "read only" would mean not being able to change the structure, but changes to how it is displayed would still be great. "Read only" would mean "this is the structure as it is defined in our database - now you may look at it however you want".

Thanks,

Michael

User 7c93c0ac59

19-06-2014 17:47:44

Efi,

I agree with Michael.

We would like to prevent any form of structural change while allowing the user to zoom, pan, rotate, and change the display options for the overall structure (i.e: we would not want a user to select some atoms and bonds and move them).

Zooming ability is the most important feature and what would really differentiate it from using a static image. 

Thanks,

David

ChemAxon f052bdfe3c

23-06-2014 14:47:37

Hi David,

I understand your request, however, unfortunately currently we do not have capacity to develop a viewer component. However, we are working on a solution which will allow you to eliminate all the buttons which are not used in a sustainable way.

Best Regards,

Efi

User 44bb556150

07-10-2014 18:02:00

Are there any further options for customizing toolbar content and default tool selection?

I have the inverse goal of wanting to only show certain reaction buttons for arrow drawing, and wanting to take away other editor buttons that will confuse my users.

The "toolbars" sketcher display setting seems like the right place to specify this, though currently it only supports a handful of preconstructed toolbar templates

David Blondeau came up with a neat workaround to force some buttons to disappear, though it certainly feels like a forced move under-the-hood that has the potential to break with subsequent version upgrades to MarvinJS.

ChemAxon f052bdfe3c

12-10-2014 07:49:31

Have you tried to use our `reaction` tool bar preset? (https://marvinjs-demo.chemaxon.com/latest/examples/example-toolbars.html)

Best regards,

Efi

User 44bb556150

13-10-2014 16:57:35

Yes, I've been trying the "education" toolbar set that works reasonably well, but am looking for further options to simplify use of the toolbar to avoid confusing users by removing unused buttons and making certain buttons selected by default.

ChemAxon 7c2d26e5cf

29-10-2014 16:09:19

In current Marvin JS, we do not support removing buttons one by one from the toolbar.