Multiple applet instances on Firefox

User 16d6255802

24-03-2014 13:51:26

I'm creating a chemistry nomenclature tool that will test students at our University on naming molecules, drawing molecules and identifying functional groups. You can find the product (in it's current unfinished state) at www.nomenclature101.com.

I'm having a hard time fixing a specific bug but first a small explanation of the tool.

Students choose the types of questions they wish to see (name, draw or identify) as well as skill levels and functional group categories. Once they start the quiz, they are given 10 questions to answer. The "Draw" questions present a specific molecule name and allow the student to attempt to draw the molecule in a Marvin for JavaScript applet.

The tool works perfectly in Chrome and Safari but I have a bug in FireFox. Whenever there are multiple instances of the Marvin for JavaScript applet (which means more than one "Draw" question is present in the quiz). Once I activate 1 of the applets by drawing in it, all of the other instances no longer allow me to draw in them. They still allow me to select tools or save or click any of the elements on the outer walls of the tool, but the actual drawing canvas no longer works.

Have you seen this before? Do you know what may be causing this and how I could possibly get around it?

ChemAxon f052bdfe3c

24-03-2014 15:57:40

Could you test please whether you can reproduce that bug with 6.2 as well? We had a few improvements, it can occur that one of them solved your problem. Please let me know whether we should investigate this issue further.

Best Regards,

Efi

User 16d6255802

24-03-2014 17:57:59

Sadly it did not fix the issue. Even with 6.2, I am getting the same bug.

User 16d6255802

31-03-2014 13:31:26

Problem solved. For my quiz tool, I was only showing the user 1 question at a time, so the other applets were created in HTML, but hidden with CSS and only displayed once the user got to that specific question. This made the applets not work in IE and Firefox. I made some changes to my tool to display all questions and it works perfectly on all browsers. :)

ChemAxon f052bdfe3c

02-04-2014 12:21:44

Thanks for the feedback. I am glad to hear that Marvin JS works in your application. It looks great (URL in your first post).

Best Regards,

Efi

User 16d6255802

02-04-2014 13:11:44

Thanks Efi!!

Jamey